Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
Please consider taking a few seconds to sign a petition to C14 date the codices Sinaiticus and Alexandrinus at the British Library.

See : http://tinyurl.com/C14TheBible

Quote:
The modern scientific procedure of C14 (Radiocarbon) dating is a simple method of introducing a measure of scientific accountability in the estimate of the age of ancient Biblical manuscripts. While it is true that a very small sample of these two codices will be destroyed in the C14 testing, they have many sample blank areas.

It is important to introduce the scientific method into the age estimates for the earliest ancient Biblical manuscripts. The C14 dating of this codex will either confirm or suggest a variance to the date of codex Alexandrinus, currently conjectured to be of the 5th century, and the date of codex Sinaiticus, currently conjectured to be of the 4th century.



Many thanks !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
Do you think it is possible that the Church has exercised a conspiratorial cover up of material in its history of oppression and vice? Do you think the church has been capable of operating massive FORGERY MILLS in history. Have a look at the 9th century Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-Isidorian_Decretals




Do you subscribe to the opinion of theologians on the dating of their precious ancient bibles? Is there any mechanism of ACCOUNTABILITY for this dogma?

YES there is, Its called C14 dating.

It does not need samples of any great size.
Here are some commissioned by National Geographic in 2005.
For details see: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/auth_dating.html

Image



The church is not going to itself commission C14 date testing of its holy books.

Please think about lending your voice to this petition.

It's going to take a minute of your time and it could make a big difference to the way we look at the history if the church.

My opinion is that these ancient codices are not as ancient as the theologians would like to think. The C14 tests are as cheap as peanuts. Nobody is going to loose out of this except for the integrity of the historical nature of Christian bibles. The church has lied for centuries, but we now have at least two small advantages:

1) We will not get executed for speaking out against the church agenda.

2) We have C14 dating (not Theologians) to tell us the age of the earliest bible codices.

BTW the two codices in the British library are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrinus
and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Sinaiticus
Please think about contributing to the petition.

Your voice will make a difference.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:46 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 804
Leucius Charinus wrote:
Do you think it is possible that the Church has exercised a conspiratorial cover up of material in its history of oppression and vice? Do you think the church has been capable of operating massive FORGERY MILLS in history.
Yes, of course. Catholicism is the model for the forgery mills in Orwell's 1984, with the parable of the systematic revision of the past to control the future as the basis of totalitarian control. That is why the extant record provides such a distorted picture of ancient culture. The scale of conspiracy exercised by the church provides the model for what Hitler called The Big Lie, a deception so massive and impudent that ordinary people cannot imagine such depravity.
Quote:
Have a look at the 9th century Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-Isidorian_Decretals
Thank you, a fascinating example of large scale fraud detected during the Reformation by analysis of the numerous anachronisms within a skillful effort to deceive. Interesting that the use of the forgery in terms of the power of the bishops and pope was the opposite of the forger's intentions. Israel Finkelstein implies a similar origin for the Book of Deuteronomy which was allegedly mysteriously "discovered" by King Josiah, himself a destroyer of authentic spiritual traditions on a tyrannical scale. This invenerable tradition of religious fabrication for political motives obviously includes the Gospels.
Quote:
Do you subscribe to the opinion of theologians on the dating of their precious ancient bibles? Is there any mechanism of ACCOUNTABILITY for this dogma? YES there is, Its called C14 dating.It does not need samples of any great size.
Here are some commissioned by National Geographic in 2005.
...The church is not going to itself commission C14 date testing of its holy books.
Please think about lending your voice to this petition. It's going to take a minute of your time and it could make a big difference to the way we look at the history if the church.My opinion is that these ancient codices are not as ancient as the theologians would like to think. The C14 tests are as cheap as peanuts. Nobody is going to loose out of this except for the integrity of the historical nature of Christian bibles. The church has lied for centuries...Your voice will make a difference. Thanks

Reminds me of the Turin Shroud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbo ... d_of_Turin carbon dated to about 1300, soon before it was first mentioned.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
Robert Tulip wrote:
Reminds me of the Turin Shroud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbo ... d_of_Turin carbon dated to about 1300, soon before it was first mentioned.


Thanks for your comments Robert, and for supporting the petition. The Shroud is a classic example. Considered to be from the 1st century until C14 dating provided a result 12 centuries later. This same trend may be immediately demonstrated to the world when these ancient Bible codices are C14 dated. At least one of them could be a "Trojan Horse", fabricated in the 9th century by extremely lavishly appointed Ecclesiastical Abbeys who were at the basis of the forgery of the Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals.

One needs to read the history of these two ancient codices. They "suddenly appeared" and were taken in as "Reverenced Artefacts". They are ASSUMED to be from the 4th and 5th centuries, but in fact may be a thousand years younger.

I am not asking anyone to pick up stones and cast them. I am asking for members here to support a petition to have these artefacts scientifically dated in order to introduce some ACCOUNTABILITY into the theological agenda.

Please consider taking a moment out of your busy day to support this petition:

See : http://tinyurl.com/C14TheBible


Thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:23 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
The Provenance of both codices is ...... U N K N O W N !!!!!

Sinaitucus was "suddenly found" in a rubbish bin in the Monastery of Saint Catherine, at Mt.Sinai in the 19th century,
while Alexandrinus was "suddenly found" in - of all places - the Patriarchal library Constantinople in the 17th century.

It would appear that 21st century Biblical Scholars are living in comfortable tenure under a shroud of "unknown provenance".

FWIW, here is a statement by [url="http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/codex/history.aspx"]Codex Sinaiticus Online[/url]:

Quote:
The principal surviving portion of the Codex, comprising 347 leaves, is now held by the British Library. A further 43 leaves are kept at the University Library in Leipzig. Parts of six leaves are held at the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg. Further portions remain at Saint Catherine’s Monastery. On 9 March 2005, a Partnership Agreement was signed between the four institutions listed above for the conservation, photography, transcription, and publication of all surviving pages and fragments of the Codex Sinaiticus. Included among the aims and objectives of the Project was a provision:

[INDENT] To undertake research into the history of the Codex . . . , to commission an objective historical narrative based on the results of the research which places the documents in their historical context, written by authors agreeable to all four Members, and to publish the outcomes of the research through the project website and other related print publications, such publications to include the full texts of relevant documents (either as transcripts or digital surrogates) wherever the permission of the owners can be secured to publish the documents in this way.[/INDENT]


One might expect that a mission statement "To undertake research into the history of the Codex . . . , to commission an objective historical narrative based on the results of the research which places the documents in their historical context" would start with C14 dating these codices.

What am I missing here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm
Posts: 8
The Provenance of both codices is ...... U N K N O W N !!!!!

Sinaitucus was "suddenly found" in a rubbish bin in the Monastery of Saint Catherine, at Mt.Sinai in the 19th century,
while Alexandrinus was "suddenly found" in - of all places - the Patriarchal library Constantinople in the 17th century.

It would appear that 21st century Biblical Scholars are living in comfortable tenure under a shroud of "unknown provenance".

FWIW, here is a statement by [url="http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/codex/history.aspx"]Codex Sinaiticus Online[/url]:

Quote:
The principal surviving portion of the Codex, comprising 347 leaves, is now held by the British Library. A further 43 leaves are kept at the University Library in Leipzig. Parts of six leaves are held at the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg. Further portions remain at Saint Catherine’s Monastery. On 9 March 2005, a Partnership Agreement was signed between the four institutions listed above for the conservation, photography, transcription, and publication of all surviving pages and fragments of the Codex Sinaiticus. Included among the aims and objectives of the Project was a provision:

[INDENT] To undertake research into the history of the Codex . . . , to commission an objective historical narrative based on the results of the research which places the documents in their historical context, written by authors agreeable to all four Members, and to publish the outcomes of the research through the project website and other related print publications, such publications to include the full texts of relevant documents (either as transcripts or digital surrogates) wherever the permission of the owners can be secured to publish the documents in this way.[/INDENT]


One might expect that a mission statement "To undertake research into the history of the Codex . . . , to commission an objective historical narrative based on the results of the research which places the documents in their historical context" would start with C14 dating these codices.

What am I missing here?

Would you like to make a comment Acharya? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group