Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:15 pm 
Jesus

You have infact made mention to Ophiuchus in your books. - But you are using a different name, so you certainly already know of some of the mythology of him.

Anyway, I maybe have some opinion that might assist in a dissection of Paul.

IMO, according to gnostic teaching the path is to acquire the Jesus state of mind. I think you might find that until one has reached this state, one might rightly consider himself to be in the Paul state of mind.

Consider - Paul is at first persecuting, then he converts, then he goes evengelizing, becomes a great teacher and eventually gets into trouble and maybe gets beheaded.

Beheading is interresting, because it also happened to JtB - check the astrotheology of John, but the greatest thing about Paul, is that his life would typically represent the 'glorified' life of a typical Christian in their endevours.

Now - if we stay mythical - being beheaded wouldn't be so bad if it was symbolic - and if you look at some early gnostic artifacts, the heads of people were drawn as 'donkeys or asses' representing their foolishness or ignorance. - So maybe in Gnosis, being beheaded is symbolic of loosing ones stupidity and becoming the Christ, maybe the final stage of the teaching.

I think the mythology behind Paul - once you get over the fact that he was not a real person- is that he was wandering around with his 'donkey head' becoming more wise - until he was beheaded and became a Christ. The Jacobs ladder story somewhat touches on this as it shows that there are various stages of development in ones understanding and IIRC didn't Paul once mention that he had hit the third level? Also Jesus tells his followers that he will return during their lifetime - which is ridiculous if taken literally - but might be symbolic of a teacher (the Jesus) telling his students (the Pauls) that they will reach the final state before they die....

Certainly the Apollonius movement wouldnt have gone unnoticed during the era - I believe that in order to assimilate the Orphic movement under Christianity - it was embraced, but as a lower state of being than the Christ state.

Apollonians were subtly sent the message that they were on the right path having their beliefs, but ultimately even Apollo desired to become Christ, and they should too.

This might explain why Paul and Jesus are both paralled by Apollonius. The history of apollonius was split - as you show - , some going to Paul before he became Christ and some going to Jesus - both being states of mind in gnosis - but ultimately the meaning of the myth duality belonging to the same 'person' depending upon what level of teaching he has arrived at.

I think, that it is absolutely crucial to understand the gnosis aspect of Christianity when trying to understand how the story developed. The astrotheology and gnosis IMO are inseperable to the point where it seems futile to try to understand one without context of the other. I say this, because once you have accepted the facts you have presented us in your 2 books, there is still the question of 'so what do these myths mean then?'

Infact, I was hoping that one of your future projects would be to write a weighty volume on the gnosis aspect of the first eras of Christianity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Infact, I was hoping that one of your future projects would be to write a weighty volume on the gnosis aspect of the first eras of Christianity.

:D I confess I am not all that fascinated with Gnosticism, other than its role in the creation of Christianity. I find Gnosticism to be absurdly mystifying. But, of course, one needs go where one's passion lies...

A book discussing the massive Gnostic movement from a mythicist perspective is a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:18 pm 
Jesus

I only said so because i met someone, a mystic sufi actually, who knew all the answers to the questions i had, not that it was particularly easy getting an answer to a question, but he knew.

I often wonder if infact the joke is on us (well me atleast). I kind of stand outside trying to fathom these dark secrets, yet those on the inside - whom i had a glimpse of, knew it all along to the point where it was just trivial for them. A good teacher's pretty rare - for instance my friend took a phd in Islamic studies as well as years of all his own research - and while we all know that there are many serious problems in Islam today - which he had no problem pointing out - it proves there are people - the learned ones - who are being taught the very things that your books bring to the masses, and in his case he knew full well the astrotheology within islam aswell. As must the wise learned teachers of all religions. I wouldn't doubt that as you get higher up the ranks in catholicism - you are taught the astrotheology. They have at least the benefit of actually being told what this is all about from original sources, rather than being in a position of having to reconstruct the entire ruse from a million sources, as we are all trying to do.

Why they chose to keep it such a secret is another issue altogether.

Im actually considering, if im not already, becoming / or atleast identifying with Hindi after being athiest most my life - somewhat thanks to your introduction to Krishna from SoG. Yet id still consider myself athiest, and it would be pretty pointless someone telling me Krishna is the sun, because its like - "well no shit dickhead".

i wonder though if its not more effective for 'converted' people when trying to educate them in this area, not to create a confrontation - which gives them a reason to pull away, but to actually explain to them what these Biblical stories mean - not so much in the context of the astrotheology as important to understand as it is, but in the context of what the philosophy and meaning of these tales really mean. Like for instance, genesis not being about the creation of the world, but in being about the realisation of ones own consciousness and surroundings - For that you need to understand the gnostic. Once you're happy with that, you'll be crying out to embrace the astrotheology as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:44 am 
Jesus

well look like we are all wrong :lol:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6219656.stm
seems like the vat has discovered the bones of the superhero. I wonder if the head is still attached?

Edit - I just consulted Starry Night - the sun is in the constellation of Ophiuchus as we speak. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:42 am 
Site Admin

Everyone has seen this by now, right -

Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?

"...The silence of Paul is also a problem. Paul wrote his letters many years before the Gospels, and it appears he was unaware of anything said in them about Jesus, except for some wording from a Last Supper ritual. Paul never met Jesus and never quoted the Jesus of the Gospels, even when that would have served his purposes. He sometimes disagreed with Jesus[13]. He never mentioned a single deed or miracle of Jesus. If Jesus had been a real person, certainly Paul, his main cheerleader, would have talked about him as a man. The "Christ" in Paul's epistles is mainly a supernatural figure, not a flesh and blood man of history..."

http://www.ffrf.org/about/bybarker/rise.php

More folks should be made aware of this type of info about Paul.

p.s. "Archaeologists working for the Vatican have unearthed a sarcophagus containing what they believe are the remains of St Paul the Apostle.

The tomb dates back to at least AD390 and was found in a crypt under a basilica in Rome."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6219656.stm

* Should all of this about Paul be in video?

;

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, what about James, the "brother of Jesus"? any dirt on his existence? Someone has brought it up in another forum. I thought I'd bring it up here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:48 am 
Site Admin

There's nothing solid about THE James who supposedly wrote the epistle.

However, in his lengthy James the Brother of Jesus, Robert Eisenman makes the case that there was a Jewish authority as the basis of the fictionalized apostle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, very serious scholarship going back centuries has cast doubt on the genuineness of the Pauline epistles as well as whether or not "Paul" is a historical figure or fictional compilation of characters. A shallow study of the subject, however, would not uncover this deep scholarship.

Here's one example of the scholarship showing that "Paul" is likely not the author of the epistles, if he even existed as a single individual.
http://www.hermann-detering.de/FabricatedJHC.pdf

"There Was No Historical Paul the Apostle" - Take it up with Michael Hoffman
http://www.egodeath.com/NoHistoricalPaul.htm

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm 
Persephone

This link should piss people off.

http://www.friktech.com/rel/canon/NT1.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

drew hempel wrote:
This link should piss people off.

http://www.friktech.com/rel/canon/NT1.htm

:evil:

Nah, I've read it all before. As I say on the Late Dating thread, the first-century dates for the canonical gospels (and epistles) constitute mere wishful thinking based on internal evidence only, with the a priori assumption that the gospel tale really took place at the time it is alleged. That's it, nothing more. The credible and valid scientific evidence points to the emergence of the canonical gospels in the historical/literary record at the end of the second century. There is not a speck of valid scientific evidence for their existence prior to then.

Check out this interesting admission from that site (although poorly written):

Quote:
The term gospel used in reference to the four accounts of Jesus' life is first used in reference to the writings by Marcion (c. 140), who is generally regarded as a heretic.

Actually, Marcion's "New Testament" was the first canon and contained the "genuine" Pauline epistles (i.e., no pastorals) and one gospel, the Gospel of the Lord. Despite the propaganda by apologists decades and centuries later attempting to establish priority of the canonical gospels, the evidence points to Marcion's gospel first, with the others (synoptics at least) appearing AFTER Marcion and basing their texts on his. The first was apparently the Gospel of Luke, which was based on Marcion's gospel as well as up to 32 other texts, by Schleiermacher's count.

So, it is interesting to find such a validation here at this site with the absurdly early dates for the canonicals, that the term "gospel" was first used concerning Marcion's Gospel of the Lord in the middle of the second century, just a few decades before the canonicals finally emerge. I'll have to look further into that important assertion.

A couple of the texts Luke apparently used in addition to Marcion's gospel may have been the works of Jewish historian Josephus. This argument has long been made, but, of course, the fundies have claimed copying in the reverse direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 pm 
Persephone

Acharya S. thanks for looking into that site. I posted the link to this forum thread at michael prescott's blog. He writes on paranormal stuff by way of his best-selling fiction status. I haven't read his fiction books but he and others on his blog were promoting the whole Jesus and Paul were real b.s.

Anyway let's see if I garnered any response because usually he ignores the "dissident" information I present but sometimes I get under his collar so much that I provoke an ad hominem from him....

Sure enough! His response: "Not up to date? Acharya S. "Suns of God" hypothesis is from the 19th C. and has been discredited for decades...."

You may want to check out other people posting similar information to this famous apologist! haha.

michaelprescott.typepad.com/ michael_prescotts_blog/2007/07/the-psychic-lif.html#comments

Ah how ignorance is bliss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

False. Obviously, I needn't say that, from the silly quote you posted, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. He hasn't read my book, hasn't studied the issue in depth, apparently has no knowledge of solar mythology and astrotheology, and is therefore singularly unqualified to make such commentary.

As you say, ignorance is bliss. I take it you're going around rabblerousing, drew, which is why you keep bringing up disparaging remarks about my work? :evil:

drew hempel wrote:
... Sure enough! His response: "Not up to date? Acharya S. "Suns of God" hypothesis is from the 19th C. and has been discredited for decades...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:21 pm 
Persephone

Yeah Michael Prescott just threatened to ban me! haha. Here's his response:

"I'm not much interested in being psychoanalyzed by someone who believes the CIA was behind 9-11. Insult me again and I'm blocking your IP address. I am weary of you."

He already censored my "threatening" post when I pondered the afterlife of the 30,000 kids that die a day from nutrition-based disease like starvation.

So I reposted that threatening information! Too bad several other posters were saying the same thing as me about the Christ Conspiracy but I was the only one to claim that Prescott has a psychological hang-up.

I guess that is an insult. haha.

OK I posted the link to your new forum thread as a response to his censorship threat. We'll see what happens....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:50 am 
Thor

Acharya wrote:
I would be interested in seeing a side-by-side chart of characteristics shared by Paul and Ophiucus, of whom, I must confess, I had never heard!

G'day Acharya.

I was about to make a post about Ophiucus and thought that I would do a quick search first to see if anything about Ophiucus has already been posted. This was the only thread that came up on the search.

I originally started this thread on the David Icke forum here ...

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4101

.. although it has been closed due to administration issues regarding my being banned from the forum.

A few of us that had made connections on that forum started up on a free forum (prior to my banning on DI f) and which is now on a .com site. I reformatted the original post called "OPHIUCHUS - The Thirteenth Astrological Star Sign" and posted it here ...

http://www.infinite-love-forum.com/view ... f=12&t=976

... there is a lot of information on the thread that you might well be interested in and if you would like I can post it on a thread here on this forum if it is of interest.

Anyway, thank you for putting all of the information 'out there' that you have, it is appreciated.

YOUR OWN SPECIAL PART

THE TRUTH IS HERE,
IN THE WORDS I SAY,
A LOVE THAT'S CLEAR,
TO LEAD THE WAY.

SPECIAL YOU TRULY ARE,
NOW AND ALL WAYS,
LIKE A SHINING STAR,
GIVING GOLDEN RAYS.

FOR LOVE IS YOUR SOUL,
AND IT GIVES YOU THE START,
TO MAKE YOURSELF WHOLE,
WORDS FLOW FROM YOUR HEART.

YOUR SOUL IS YOUR FEELING,
YOU FEEL IN YOUR HEART,
IT GIVES WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING,
YOUR OWN SPECIAL PART.

I BELIEVE IN YOU,
AND THE PART YOU PLAY,
IT'S IN EVERYTHING YOU DO,
AND EVERYTHING YOU SAY

SO I SHARE THE TRUTH,
OF HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE TO ME,
AND MY WORDS ARE PROOF,
THAT MY LOVE I GIVE FOR FREE.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm 

lux wrote:
My question is simple: Why are all the main characters in the Christ story depicted as having blue eyes and white skin when they are supposedly of middle eastern descent?

I had that question about the JC pics when I was 7. I has been my conclusion, it has something to do with the Europeans, or rather the Roman Church.

However, my younger son stumbled onto something and he named some famous painter, I forget which one, but the pic of Jesus most often displayed, is actually of that painter's father. People decided the picture for some reason, according to my older son's research/discovery, should be labeled Jesus. I have a feeling, a lot of those pictures are basically the same thing, except maybe not of actual people. I'm not sure if anyone is following me on this, but that is my theory.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next