Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post subject: The Dogon Tribe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:30 am 
Hermes

I figured I would add something to this section.

Look up the Dogon tribe for some interesting stuff.

Post subject: Re: The Dogon Tribe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:56 pm 
Hermes

MagikMan wrote:
I figured I would add something to this section.

Look up the Dogon tribe for some interesting stuff.

How much of this subject have you studied?

I forget who, for certain, it was that I heard this from--I think it was Hank Wesselman, the anthropologist. He said that when talking with some African tribesmen about the fact that mankind had, recently, traveled to the moon in machines, they were shocked, so to speak. They told him that they journey to the moon regularly; that it is simple, and they couldn't understand why anyone would need to build a machine to get there. Of course, they were talking about OBEs, or astral travel.

Skilled practitioners of OBEs, some decades-long practitioners, will tell you the same. So, that some primitives know about astronomic bodies in our system, or beyond, is not surprising, and easily explicable without the use of extra-terrestial visitors. Of course, any materialist reductionist is going to have a hell of a time explaining it, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:44 am 
Hermes

Well the Dogon is the Original people of Egypt (not the same people that built the pyramids mind you because the original people was drove out of Egypt), They speak of the Siris star, have even maped it, gave it's star size and told of it's weight. This is all before anyone really knew about it, their story came to be all true. The siris star is somewhat like the sun (the sun is a star as well). The Siris star is also what the Egyptians based alot of the sections of their structures on. The question is, how did they know and could someone from the western world have tried to inform them and if so why? At the time there was only a theory about the tiny star Siris b, but even still there was no theory on it's weight at the time.

they also said people lived up there that seemed to have fish like skin ( personaly to me sounds like some chain mail used by warriors in Europe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 am 
Hermes

MagikMan wrote:
Well the Dogon is the Original people of Egypt (not the same people that built the pyramids mind you because the original people was drove out of Egypt), They speak of the Siris star, have even maped it, gave it's star size and told of it's weight. This is all before anyone really knew about it, their story came to be all true. The siris star is somewhat like the sun (the sun is a star as well). The Siris star is also what the Egyptians based alot of the sections of their structures on. The question is, how did they know and could someone from the western world have tried to inform them and if so why? At the time there was only a theory about the tiny star Siris b, but even still there was no theory on it's weight at the time.

they also said people lived up there that seemed to have fish like skin ( personaly to me sounds like some chain mail used by warriors in Europe).

The article at Wickedpedia reference controversy about the accuracy and consistency of their myths surrounding Sirius. The devil is in the details, or the lack of them. With respect to Egypt and origins, from what is this claim derived?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:51 pm 

Laird Scranton wrote a few books about the Dogon tribe. They were isolated from the rest of the world for a long time. When french anthropologists went in to study this people what they found was a mythology that seemed to reflect not only advanced astrological knowledge, but the mythology seemed to be speaking about the atom and even sub-atomic particles via metaphor. So it's pretty mysterious.

John Anthony West read the book and decided to add an interview with Laird Scranton to tail end his "Magical Egypt" series. I have the episode here on Guba for anyone that wants to watch it and see what Scranton discovered:

http://www.guba.com/watch/2000915375

Here's an indepth examination of the Temple of Luxor:

The Temple of Man

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Who are the Anunnaki?

Did the Dogon Know about Sirius B?

Ancient Astronaut Theory/ "Ancient Aliens" Show

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube