Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 am 
Thor

Thank you very much Robert for looking at that.

I just realized that when we use the word 'elementary' that there is great wisdom in that word. Check out what this etymology site has to say about it, or allow me to just paste it below:

late 14c., "having the nature of one of the four elements," from Middle French elementaire and directly from Latin elementarius, from elementum (see element). Meaning "rudimentary" is from 1540s; meaning "simple" is from 1620s. Elementary school is 1841.

I can't believe that I stumbled on to that. So when we say "Oh, that's just elementary', it really isn't just elementary. Is that close to a paradox? Is that dualistic, as the writer of the e-book said, elements being the building blocks of our reality therefore of wisdom?

And that's this new knowledge the writer has given me, it's just flowing out of me. I can't believe it, my goodness Robert, I finally found someone to relate to.

You are so gracious to look at that, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:36 am 
Thor

My wonderful yet sneaky uncle Gerry used to say there was nothing more beautiful than a naked woman, and nothing more ridicules than a naked man wearing socks. I agree, anything beautiful is feminine, wisdom is feminine, and that's why ancient sages were shown kissing wisdom, hence the etymology of the word philosophy.

The online etymology web site for 'philosophy' doesn't say anything about feminine kisses. No use checking because that is the point of all of this; wisdom is lost, sacked by greedy religion psychopaths, and false prophets that sages knew would do that. But here's the link to the etymology of the word 'philosophy' and you can see for yourself, nothing about feminine kisses. Is this what philosophy teaches their students, how boring? "Philosophy is the love of knowledge". The average college student would certainly be tempted to turn to twitter on that one.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=philosophy

just rambling now, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 am 

zekeman wrote:
From sevenstarhand.com mentioned in my previous post (with URL), the writer makes it clear that Aquarius is in fact a water sign, not air.
Actually no. To understand this symbolism you need some familiarity with cycles. The natural cycles of the months and seasons are seen as alternating between positive and negative phases. This means that the signs of the zodiac are imagined as following an elemental cycle whose order is fire, earth, air, water, with fire and air understood as positive and active, and earth and water as passive and negative. The four living creatures mark the four stars, Aldebaran, Regulus, Antares and Fomalhaut, that were at the cardinal points of the sky about 2500 BC. Keeping to an alternating model of the months, there is no basis to switch Aquarius and Scorpio as Page suggests.

On the Eagle symbolism, my view is that the constellation of Scorpio actually looks like a flying eagle and this is a possible ancient constellation depiction. But also, Altair the Eagle is just to the north of Scorpio in the sky, and from northern temperate latitudes Scorpio is quite low in the southern sky, the least visible of the zodiac constellations, so Altair serves as something of a proxy for it. As well, the Israelite tribe of Dan reportedly had the sign of the scorpion as its mascot, but switched to the eagle as a more dignified symbol.
zekeman wrote:
We also see that Scorpio is not something that crawls in the sand, an Arachnid, but a bird, or as the Egyptians knew, an Eagle. Until astrologers, and those that study ancient wisdom, know that a crossing took place, according to the author, we can only see the inconsistencies found in the bible.

Also notice that there is not a spider mentioned in this bible verse, that Scorpio should be called 'Eagle' and should be an AIR sign, not a water sign. And for those not familiar with Astrology: Leo - Lion - Fire, Taurus - Calf - Earth, Aquarius - Man - Water, Scorpio/Eagle - Bird - Air

Once these signs were crossed, ancient wisdom was crossed.
-------------------------------
Revelation 4:6-7

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

---------------------------------

My thanks to the writer of the "Finishing the Mysteries of Gods and Symbols". What an amazing study he has done, and for freely sharing that Wisdom!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 pm 
Thor

Excellent point about the polarity of Fire with Air (+) and Water with Earth (-), that Scorpio, if Air, would be out of sync with the saw tooth pattern of each sign polarity. Man that kind of shoots down a lot of what he's saying. Mr Page did say something about shifting some other signs or something, but never elaborated.

For awhile I thought this could be the google engineer Lawrence Page, but probably not.
Link to wiki Mr. Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page

Today I looked at rtulip.net - classical guitar played godly by the way -

I asked for it, and I got it. I'm going to check to see if I can come up with any hidden answers - If you don't hear from me again, I'll figure you know why, thanks again!