Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 am 
Thor

Hi!

First I would like to say that I love your books and am currently on Christ in Egypt. Is there a more extensive resource/index for the sources? Most of them, mainly the entries without abbreviations of titles following the author are difficult to find. I am currently in college and have select access to scholarly databases and would like to delve deeper into Astrotheology/Archaeoastronomy. Any direction would be great. I apologize if this question is redundant or posted in the wrong area and thank you for all your hard work!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 am 
Site Admin

We have an Australian member here named Raphael Lataster who you may want to be in touch with: Jesus Mythicism in Academia

I would like to see the creation of our own Department of Astrotheological and Mythological Studies.

There are quite a few sources in Christ in Egypt, around 2,400 footnotes from over 900 bibliographical sources. Many are rare and hard to find while others are in different languages. Acharya S/Murdock currently has five books to date with over 2,100 pages of text, including over 5,700 footnotes/citations to primary sources and the works of highly credentialed and respected authorities in relevant fields of study from a wide variety of backgrounds, including many Christian scholars, adding up to over 1,600 bibliographical sources. Her books also include 300+ images. She works hard to substantiate her claims with credible evidence and sources specifically due to the fact that this subject is so contentious!

There are plenty of sources throughout these links below too:

Jesus as the Sun throughout History

Astrotheology of the Ancients

Origin of All Religious Worship

The Astrotheological Origins of Christianity

Why I am A Mythicist

What is a Mythicist?

Evemerist vs. Mythicist Position

Were George Washington and Thomas Jefferson Jesus Mythicists?

Astrotheology / Case for Mythicism 101 Course

The Mythicist Challenge Petition [Draft]

List of 180+ mythicists

A Mythicist Timeline

The Mythicist Position

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:45 pm 
Thor

I am interested most in the foreign and obscure sources, thank you for your reply! I will continue to scour the books' bibs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your kind regards. I'm not sure what you are saying about Christ in Egypt. There is an extensive bibliography at the back of the book that has all the relevant information about each of the sources.

The way I have set up the footnotes on each page, referring to the author and page, is standard operating procedure for books. You just look up the author in the alphabetical bibliography in the back of the book.

AdNoctem wrote:
Hi!

First I would like to say that I love your books and am currently on Christ in Egypt. Is there a more extensive resource/index for the sources? Most of them, mainly the entries without abbreviations of titles following the author are difficult to find. I am currently in college and have select access to scholarly databases and would like to delve deeper into Astrotheology/Archaeoastronomy. Any direction would be great. I apologize if this question is redundant or posted in the wrong area and thank you for all your hard work!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 am 
Thor

I apologize! When I first wrote this I had just opened it up an hour or so beforehand and started trying to Google search from the footnotes before ever checking the ACTUAL bibliography :roll: . That my friends is what we call a serious case of "brainfart".

In seriousness though, I am trying to add to my own personal reference list in hopes that it will open other avenues of possible research. I enjoy the site very much and look forward to kicking it with you guys/gals!