PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:27 pm 
Site Admin

Enjoy the "Easter - Christian or Pagan?" - VIDEO

p.s. special thanks to Vega once again!

Is Easter Christian or Pagan?

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:22 pm 
Isis

You know, I managed to get one uptube video on one of myspace blogs, but I tried last night to put up Vega and Achary's video as a separate blog item and I just couldn't get the imbed to work. I could post it to my profile much easier I suppose.

Got any ideas about what I am doing wrong? When I look at the preview, it doesn't come up after I put the imbed on the blog. Thanks Free-Luva...lol! Or anyone else who can help with this problem. BTW....very well done production Vega and Acharya (slurp slurp...heh heh!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:24 pm 
Bast

Unfortunately most Christians I know of already understand that Easter is grounded in Paganism, and therefore most probably won't bother to look at it. If only they would absorb our propaganda like they want us to do with theirs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Madthumbs -

I noticed that my vid has gotten hundreds of hits through your site - wow! That's impressive traffic you've got there. Kudos - and thanks for linking me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 pm 
Apollo

madthumbs wrote:
Unfortunately most Christians I know of already understand that Easter is grounded in Paganism, and therefore most probably won't bother to look at it. If only they would absorb our propaganda like they want us to do with theirs.

Yes mad - however it's useful to have this information out there to refer people to. If it gets just one person to question, it was worth doing.

And it also gets people to investigate truthbeknown.com. (raising $$$ for Acharya's 'Church of Astrotheology'.) :) It's planting seeds...

Have you noticed the disproportionate number of theist to non-theist videos there are on YT? All of the theist stuff is getting one star and the non-theist, 4 or 5 stars.

I hate to gloat (well, not really) but the theist's 'evidence' is laughable. I sort of feel sorry for them a little bit (just a little) as they HAVE NOTHING! And it's the same old nothing - again and again. Saw one the other day about Paul's 'eye witness' account. Ha! Ignorance is bliss indeed.

I've learned 2 things: Never debate fundies - they are a lost cause. And, never assert anything without having the facts to back you up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:20 pm 
Apollo

skullnboner wrote:
You know, I managed to get one uptube video on one of myspace blogs, but I tried last night to put up Vega and Achary's video as a separate blog item and I just couldn't get the imbed to work. I could post it to my profile much easier I suppose.

Got any ideas about what I am doing wrong? When I look at the preview, it doesn't come up after I put the imbed on the blog. Thanks Free-Luva...lol! Or anyone else who can help with this problem. BTW....very well done production Vega and Acharya (slurp slurp...heh heh!).

Thanks for the compliment. It is also on my livevideo.com account here if that helps:

http://tinyurl.com/38mzb6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, Vega!

Je n'ai eu aucun indice que tu écris un tel bon français. Très impressionnant.

vega wrote:
skullnboner wrote:

Thanks for the compliment. It is also on my livevideo.com account here if that helps:

http://tinyurl.com/38mzb6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:43 pm 
Apollo

Merci mon amie. I have a smattering and am trying to improve. I love the sound of spoken French - so melodic but difficult to catch the meaning as all of les mots seem to run together...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:47 pm 
Bast

Acharya wrote:
Hey Madthumbs -

I noticed that my vid has gotten hundreds of hits through your site - wow! That's impressive traffic you've got there. Kudos - and thanks for linking me up.

You're welcome!

It's the fruit of spending ~12 hour days for a year spamvertising, making e-friends, and developing. Unfortunately the ad revenue isn't scaling well at all.

I can send out a social networking bulletin and get hundreds to thousands of hits from it, but if I were to ask people to digg an article; I might get one person to. I hope that what you're doing different is working better for you financially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:59 pm 
Bast

vega wrote:
madthumbs wrote:

Yes mad - however it's useful to have this information out there to refer people to. If it gets just one person to question, it was worth doing.

And it also gets people to investigate truthbeknown.com. (raising $$$ for Acharya's 'Church of Astrotheology'.) :) It's planting seeds...

Have you noticed the disproportionate number of theist to non-theist videos there are on YT? All of the theist stuff is getting one star and the non-theist, 4 or 5 stars.

I hate to gloat (well, not really) but the theist's 'evidence' is laughable. I sort of feel sorry for them a little bit (just a little) as they HAVE NOTHING! And it's the same old nothing - again and again. Saw one the other day about Paul's 'eye witness' account. Ha! Ignorance is bliss indeed.

I've learned 2 things: Never debate fundies - they are a lost cause. And, never assert anything without having the facts to back you up.

I was once a fundie - I think.. not really sure since I tend to ignore labels. The false apostle angle worked on me, but that I found for myself outside of an argument. Most arguments being used against Christians are by people who never looked beyond the surface, and try to over simplify things, or argue nonsense like Darwinian evolution.

What I was doing was expressing that we need more than just the title to get people to look at the video because Christians will likely see it as a typical repetitive attack that they've been trained to ignore or counter.

I send out bulletins and am lucky if half the people responding actually read the article or watch the video before running their mouths. Maybe someone should release it under the title: 100 reasons God is Great! or something like that. The current title would deter people is all I was saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:38 am 
Apollo

Well the title will deter fundies for sure - they who are not open to reasoned argument in any case...

But an honest, factual video deserves an honest title. I don't believe in trickery to get people to watch.

However, there will be other vids where a 'provocative' title would be just the thing. Many non-theists are, of course, doing this now - dare I mention Brett Keane, who isn't everyone's cup of tea but he does get his vids seen, but at the cost of numerous attacks upon him and his family. I don't believe Acharya wants to go that route.

I think Acharya's target audience are those who are looking for answers/information, not those who think they have them and want to debate.

But yes - shall keep in mind for the future more 'aggressive' video marketing strategies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:38 am 
Site Admin

LOL, how convenient this year that the "official" holiday of Easter is exactly 3 days after the Spring Equinox! This year the spring equinox was March 20th & Easter will be held on the 23rd - ha, ha, ha ...
Quote:
Easter: Christian or Pagan?

"Contrary to popular belief, Easter does not represent the "historical" crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. In reality, the gospel tale reflects the annual "crossification" of the sun through the vernal equinox (Spring), at which time the sun is "resurrected," as the day begins to become longer than the night.

Rather than being a "Christian" holiday, Easter celebrations date back into remotest antiquity and are found around the world, as the blossoming of spring did not escape the notice of the ancients, who revered this life-renewing time of the year, when winter had passed and the sun was "born again." The "Pagan" Easter is also the Passover, and Jesus Christ represents not only the sun but also the Passover Lamb ritually sacrificed every year by a number of cultures, including the Egyptians, possibly as early as 4,000 years ago and continuing to this day in some places."
http://www.truthbeknown.com/easter.htm

:lol:

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:10 pm 

Another excellent video.

I'll post it around as "Happy Easter". :lol:

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:46 pm 

You mean, Christian, Pagan, or for the insane. My neighbour's friend was doing a little dance, silly grin, and sing-songing, "It's Easter and Jesus is still alive." I swear the woman had to be insane.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 pm 

...well, the Sun is still alive after the winter solstice, bright and shinning up in the heavens.

She does have a point. :lol:

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?