presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post subject: Pistis Sophia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:58 pm 

So I'm reading the Pistis Sophia and I stumble upon this in Chapter Two:

Quote:
It happened, however, on the 1st of the moon in the month of Tôbe, which is the day on which the moon becomes full, now on that day when the sun had risen on its path , there came forth after it a great power of light, giving a very great light, and there was no measure to its accompanying light , for it came forth from the Light of Lights, exceedingly, with (a) light to which there was no measure.

And the disciples gazed after him, and not one of them spoke until he had reached heaven, but they all kept a great silence. Now these things happened on the 15th of the moon, on the day on which it is full in the month of Tôbe.

Think about it in the way Acharya is saying, then consider this:

Easter is "dated" by the Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. To be more precise, I'll quote what is in the Book of Common Prayer (BCP), which is Anglican/Episcopalian, p. 880:

Quote:
Rules for Finding the Date of Easter Day

Easter Day is always the Sunday after the full moon that occurs on or after the Spring equinox on March 21. This full moon may happen on any date between March 21 and April 18 inclusive. If the full moon falls on a Sunday, Easter Day is the Sunday following. But Easter Day cannot be earlier than March 21or later than April 25.

Then it goes on about the "Golden Number" which is a little more complicated. Of course, an Episcopal priest told me she just goes by the calendar. :roll: Show how much even priests know.

Quote:
1. The Golden Number indicates the date of the full moon on or after the spring equinox of March 21, according to a nineteen-year cycle. These Numbers are prefixed in the Calendar to the days of the month from March 22 to April 18 inclusive. In the present Calendar they are applicable from A.D. 1900 to A.D. 2099, after which they will change.

Two is the Sunday letter which identifies the days of the year when Sundays occur, which involves the number 19. For now I am just focusing on the Sun and the Moon.

Now, take what is said in the Pistis Sophia and the Rules for finding Easter, and apply them to how many Xians do Easter Sunday- They have a Sun Rise Service, in which it is said that Jesus has risen. More evidence that points to Acharya being correct in her statements. Jesus is the Sun.

Picture it: The month of Tobe, would probably been around the Spring equinox, in which it started on the day that there was a full moon previously. Jesus/Sun rose from the horizon and was extremely bright, which it generally is around the Spring Equinox, and made it's way towards the sky. The "disciples", probably at which time there may have been 13, watch Jesus/The Sun rise up into the clouds on that morning.

What I am not sure of, is if the 15th moon is the 15 month or what. That part I can't quite relate to what Acharya is saying, but then again, I can't picture what the 15th moon maybe be. Be that as it may, I cannot fathom why people cannot picture any of it in their heads. It is so simple a preschooler could see it in their minds.

Anyway, I'll keep reading and add to this as I find more "ah-ha" moments. In the meantime, add any thoughts you may have along with this.

Side note to Xians or whoever may want to contradict this... I may have left the Church, but I still have my own personal copy of the BCP and I used it as a lay minister. So I know it fairly well. The Anglican thought is derived from the old RC (Roman Church around the Reformation) as well as the historical documents of Xianity. The evidence is there for what Acharya is saying in the BCP. I am not just pulling this stuff out of my hat.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject: Re: Pistis Sophia
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm 

Chapter 3

Quote:
Then Jesus rose or ascended to the height, giving light exceedingly, with (a) light to which there was no measure.

And the disciples gazed after him, and not one of them spoke until he had reached heaven, but they all kept a great silence. Now these things happened on the 1st of the moon, on the day on which it is full in the month of Tôbe.

I could pick apart chapters 6-8, but we'll make it simple instead of quoting it all- Do the numbers 24 and 12 ring a bell? Not to mention, mysteries and all.

BCP following the Holy Eucharist p. 366:

Quote:
After Communion, the Celebrant says

Almighty and everliving God,
we thank you for feeding us with the spiritual food
of the most precious Body and Blood
of your Son our Saviour Jesus Christ;
and for assuring us in these mysteries
that we are living members of the Body of your Son,
and heirs to your eternal kingdom...

While there are 7 (another number Acharya discusses) commonly used, there are more. The sacraments are the sacred/holy mysteries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Mys ... _Mysteries : The Sacrament of Holy Baptism, the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, Sacrament of Marriage....

Quote:
And, though the Western Church teaches that the consecrated bread and wine of the Eucharist are one Sacrament, the Divine Liturgy refers to the Eucharist as the Mysteries, in the plural.

Quote:
Though Orthodox instructional materials may list seven Sacred Mysteries (Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, Holy Communion, Marriage, Ordination, and Unction), it must be understood that the term is not limited to these seven. The Sacred Mysteries can be defined as "those holy acts through which the Holy Spirit mysteriously and invisibly confers Grace (the saving power of God) upon man."

As a former lay minister, I can say there are more than 7 mysteries, but these are the most commonly used.

This applies to Anglicans too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacraments :

Quote:
Enumeration
Main article: Sacraments of the Catholic Church
The Seven Sacraments by Rogier van der Weyden, ca. 1448.

The following are the Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church:[5]

* Baptism (Christening)
* Confirmation (Chrismation)
* Holy Eucharist (or Holy Communion)
* Penance (Confession)
* Anointing of the Sick (known prior to Vatican II as Extreme Unction (or more literally from Latin: Last Anointing); informally, the "Last Rites")
* Holy Orders
* Matrimony

Traditionally the Catholic Church defined sacraments as "An outward sign of inward grace, a sacred and mysterious sign or ceremony, ordained by Christ, by which grace is conveyed to our souls."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_sacraments Only two, according to Anglicans, are ordained by Christ. The Resurrection is a "Holy Mystery" and found in Communion.

I hope people are following me on this. All these things can be found in the worship and the BCP, in which I hope I have made it as plain as day. No pun intended.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 pm 

Good work. It's all very interesting. 8)

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm 

Thanks. I'm still working, but took a break. I haven't eaten yet today and it's after 3 pm now. :( Not good. I do that too much when I get into such studies- forget to eat. My son doesn't know how I can forget to eat, but I do when I study such things. sigh. Off to get food and go back at it again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm 

I do that too. Every so often when I have free time I'll spend a few days reading basically all day with few breaks. That's basically how I tackled SoG and CIE.

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?