presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The Book of Revelation is Egyptian and Zoroastrian

"One can find certain allegorical place names such as "Jerusalem" and "Israel" in the New Testament Book of Revelation. Gerald Massey has stated that Revelation, rather than having been written by any apostle called John during the 1st century AD/CE, represents a very ancient text that dates to the beginning of this era of history, i.e. possibly as early as 4,000 years ago.204 Massey also asserts that Revelation relates the Mithraic legend of Zarathustra/Zoroaster.205 Dr. Hilton Hotema says of this mysterious book, which has baffled mankind for centuries: "It is expressed in terms of creative phenomena; its hero is not Jesus but the Sun of the Universe, its heroine is the Moon; and all its other characters are Planets, Stars and Constellations; while its stage-setting comprises the Sky, the Earth, the Rivers and the Sea."206

The word Israel itself, far from being a Jewish appellation, may come from the combination of three different reigning deities: Isis, the Earth Mother Goddess revered throughout the ancient world; Ra, the Egyptian sun god; and El, the Semitic deity passed down in form as Saturn.207 El was one of the earliest names for the god of the ancient Hebrews (whence Emmanu-El, Micha-El, Gabri-El, Samu-El, etc.) and his worship is reflected in the fact that the Jews still consider Saturday as "God's Day."208

Indeed, that the Christians worship on Sunday betrays the genuine origins of their god and godman. Their "savior" is actually the sun, which is the "Light of the world that every eye can see." The sun has been viewed consistently throughout history as the savior of mankind for reasons that are obvious. Without the sun, the planet would scarcely last one day. So important was the sun to the ancients that they composed a "Sun Book," or "Helio Biblia," which became the "Holy Bible."209"

- Origins of Christianity, page 22

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
History of Research into Solar Mythology and the Bible

The knowledge that the stories in the Bible are actually allegories rooted in Solar Mythology is nothing new. There is evidence that people were well aware of it at the time of the formation of the Catholic Church. There is also evidence that these people were eliminated by the Catholic Church and all books exposing the allegory were burned.

Charles François Dupuis (1742-1809) wrote extensively on the subject. Chapter IX of his summary work, The Origin of All Religious Worship first published in 1798, is titled, An Explanation of the Fable, in which the Sun is worshipped under the name of Christ (starting on page 214). Chapter XII of this same work gives the Solar Mythology explanation of the Book of Revelation [also known as The Apocalypse] (starting on page 408). The Book of Revelation is just Solar Mythology, and makes sense as such, and doesn't make any sense in any other way.

Constantin François de Volney (1757-1820) also wrote about Solar Mythology and the Bible. Chapter XIII of his principal work, The Ruins; or, Meditation on the Revolutions of Empires first published in 1791, is titled, Christianity, or the Allegorical Worship of the Sun under the cabalistic names of Chrish-en or Christ and Yesus or Jesus.

Rev. Robert Taylor (1784-1844) also figured it out. In 1828 he wrote Syntagma of the Evidences of the Christian Religion the Preface reads, “Thou hast in this Pamphlet all the sufficient evidence, that can be adduced for any piece of history a thousand years old, or to prove an error of a thousand years standing, that such a person as Jesus Christ never existed; but that the earliest Christians meant the words to be nothing more than a personification of the principle of reason, of goodness, or that principle, be it what it may, which may most benefit mankind in the passage through life.”

In 1829 Rev. Robert Taylor published a thorough book on Comparative Religion titled The Diegesis; Being a Discovery of the Origin, Evidences, and Early History of Christianity, Never Yet Before or Elsewhere So Fully and Faithfully Set Forth.

In 1830-1831 Rev. Robert Taylor published Devil's Pulpit: Or Astro-Theological Sermons (vols. 1 and 2).

So you see the knowledge has been around for a long time. It just isn't being passed on to the next generation. Each generation is rediscovering what has already been known for over two hundred years.

http://members.cox.net/deleyd/religion/smhistory.html

Recommended Reading - http://members.cox.net/deleyd/religion/bookr.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:17 pm 

This is good stuff.

When approaching Revelation from the perspective of being an ancient Egyptian solar myth, how does the book of Daniel in the old testament fit in here?

It's well known that Revelation is merely a re-telling of Daniel's vision, which would have been written well after the Babylonian captivity, which gets a little confusing when Revelation is said to be far older than Daniel.

Is it being suggested that Daniel is actually a re-telling of what we consider the book of Revelation? Did we have it backwards?

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Very good question and a very good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:38 am 
Zeus

Given the ancient and second-hand nature of much of the other material in the Bible, maybe the events it referred to already 'happened' a very long time ago - it could refer to the big cataclysm thingy from c.12,000 years ago, the characteristics of which we're only just starting to piece together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:05 am 

Here's a speculation off the top of my head:

Both Daniel and Revelation are using star signs and astrotheology which are universal symbols for the most part. So it's not too strange that the two stories line up with one another. It appears that Revelation adds more to the Daniel story, which causes people to think that Revelation comes after. This can get interesting from this newer perspective. What if Revelation tells 'more' because its actually older and closer to the original source? What if Daniel tells less because it was further from the original source as being written post Babylonian captivity along with the rest of the Hebrew Bible? The stories in the canonized bible are all jumbled up and out of proper historical order - a hodgepodge of different literature.

ZG Part 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:34 am 
Hermes

Interesting speculation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:46 pm 

Aan, the Egyptian, is the best explanation that I've heard for the mysterious "John of Revelation."

No one has ever known who this "John" was. He wrote from the Isle of Patmos to the churches of Asia minor, so this must have been a scribe who was re-telling the old Egyptian astrotheology through the use of Greek and Hebrew mythic symbolism. But even the Greek and Hebrew mythic symbolism traces back to Egypt of course. This whole perspective is interesting but it needs far more of an explanation than what has been presented here on this thread.

The "New Jerusalem" for instance, what did that have to do with the original Egyptian/Zoroastrian story?

I've been making it out to deal with the new higher "ages" that we're moving into. There's reason to believe that the Egyptians, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Greeks, new good and well about The rising and falling cycles of civilization.

ZG Part 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Has anyone given Tom Harpur's The Pagan Christ a read?

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation will broadcast on Dec. 6 a documentary based on Tom Harpur's The Pagan Christ.

Quote:
"THE PAGAN CHRIST Thursday December 6, 2007 at 9pm on CBC-TV
repeating Saturday December 8, 2007 at 10pm ET on CBC Newsworld

So, what if it could be proven that Jesus never existed? What if there was evidence that every word of the New Testament – the cornerstone of Christianity – is based on myth and metaphor? Harpur discovered that the New Testament is wholly based on Egyptian mythology, that Jesus Christ never lived, and that – indeed – the text was always meant to be read allegorically."

(http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/paganchrist.html)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 pm 

I commented on Tom Harpur in the other thread. I'll probably read it over Winter break.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:58 pm 

It sounds good to me.

ZG Part 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:03 am 
Zeus

I think that's what the more sound Eastern traditions allow people to achieve without too much ado - just by neutralising, say, the concepts of past and future within a larger context, it becomes clear that every moment is, has been and always will be the present. Combine this with the concept of treating life and death in a similar way, and boom, you have immortality. Supposedly esoteric texts such as the 'Diamond Cutter Sutra' is a breeze if you approach them in such terms. In it's simplest sense, this kind of stuff is merely ontological anarchy, as opposed to the hierarchical structure of the Abrahamic systems.

Personally, I think the cosmetic surgery industry is conspiring to keep this information out of the public domain :)

Mriana - if your last essay task at college was anything to go by, you may want to check out the parallels between the film 'Good Will Hunting' and the 'Platform Sutra of Hui Neng'.

Tat - do a Google search for 'Manly P. Hall', 'Jacob's Ladder' and 'mp3' - you'll get quite a kick out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 am 
Zeus

Getting back to the thread, we have the Apocalypse, meaning something like 'the lifting of the veil', rather than 'Jesus will come to slaughter everyone, saving only the those good Americans who tithe'. Looking into it a bit more, I came across this gem in 'The Mysteries of the Druids':

Quote:
When Isis died, she was buried in a grove near Memphis. Over her grave was raised a statue covered from head to foot with a black veil. And underneath was engraved these divine words:

I am all that has been, that is, that shall be, and none among mortals has yet dared to raise my veil.

Beneath this veil are concealed all the mysteries and learning of the past. A young scholar, his fingers covered with the dust of venerable folios, his eyes weary and reddened by nightly toil will now attempt to lift a corner of this mysterious and sacred covering.

These two Deities, Isis and Osiris were the parents of all the Gods and Godesses of the Heathens, or were indeed those Gods themselves worshipped under different names. The fable itself was received into the mythologies of the Hindoos and the Romans. Sira is said to have mutilated Brahma as Typhon did Osiris, and Venus to have lamented her slain Adonis, as Isis wept for her husband-god.

As yet the sun and moon alone were worshipped under these two names. And as we have seen, besides these twin beneficial spirits, men who had begun to recognize sin in their hearts had created an Evil One who struggled with the power of light, and fought with them for the souls of men.

It is natural for man to fabricate something that is worse than himself. Even in the theology of the American Indians which is the purest of the modem world, there is found a Mahitou or dark Spirit.

Osiris or the sun was now worshipped throughout the whole world, though under different names. He was the Mithra of the Persians, the Brahma of India, the Baal or Adonis of the Phoenicians, the Apollo of the Greeks, the Odin Of Scandinavia, the Hu of the Britons, and the Baiwe of the Laplanders.

Isis also received the names of Islene, Ceres, Rhea, Venus, Vesta, Cybele, Niobe, Melissa--Nehalennia in the North; Isi with the Indians; Puzza among the Chinese; and Ceridwen among the ancient Britons.

The Egyptians were sublime philosophers who had dictated theology to the world. And in Chaldcea arose the first astrologers who watched the heavenly bodies with curiosity as well as with awe, and who made divine discoveries, and who called themselves The Interpreters of God.

(http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/motd/motd.htm)

Bring it on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:03 pm 

Here's something from my reading that applies here as well:

Quote:
“The book of Revelations bears a striking resemblance to the Book of Daniel in the Hebrew Scriptures. You will recall that Daniel was compiled about 165 BCE and it was taken from an older Babylonian book. There are also statements lifted directly from Ezekiel and Isaiah. The book of Revelations and the Gospel of John are the two most mystical books of the Christian Scriptures. Both are filled with mystic symbolism and numbers and both have a similar writing style. For example, the number 7 is the most mentioned number in Revelations (as well as the whole bible itself). In Revelations it is seen in the context of the 7 candle sticks representing the 7 known planets and the 7 seals representing the 7 ganglionic centers up the spine ( the 7 stations of Mithra). Remember that the Christian Scriptures were written in Greek after they were copied from earlier versions. You can also find the number 7 being very prominent in the Mithraic (Zoroastrian) Mysteries.

“and in the midst of the seven candlesticks (one) like unto the son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.” – Revelation

This description is claimed to be the mystical description of Jesus. There’s a small problem here. This comes with the last part of the verse: “…girt about the paps with a golden girdle.” The term “paps” here is a medieval term for female breasts. The Greek term which is being translated is “mastos” which also means female breasts. Men wore the girdle around the waist. Does this indicate that Jesus was female or hermaphrodite? If this is not the mystical description of Jesus, what is it?

In order to find out who this is you must go to the Gnostics. The image presented here is an androgynous image: part male and part female. This androgynous being went by different names. It was called Anthropos (primal man) and sometimes Eleleth and it was the archetypal progenitor of humankind. It was bright and shinning in form and resplendent in beauty.” - Alexander S. Holub

ZG Part 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 pm 
Zeus

Quote:

The Aretalogy of Aset/Isis

I am Isis, ruler of every land
I was taught by Hermes (Thoth) and with Hermes devised
letters, both hieroglyphic and demotic, that all might not
be written with the same.
I gave laws to mankind and ordained
what no one can change
I am the eldest daughter of Kronos
I am the wife and sister of King Osiris
I am the one who discovered wheat for mankind
I am the mother of King Horus
I am the one who rises in the Dog-star
I am the one called Goddess by women
For me was built the city of Bubastis
I separated the earth from the Heaven
I showed the paths of the stars
I regulated the course of the sun and the moon
I devised the activities of seamanship
I made what is right strong
I brought together woman and man
I assigned to women to bring into
light of day their infants
in the tenth month
I ordained that parents should be loved by children
I imposed punishment upon those unkindly disposed
towards their parents
I with my brother Osiris put an end to cannibalism
I taught men the initiation into mysteries
I instructed them to revere images of the gods
I established the sacred cult places of the gods
I abolished the rules of the tyrants
I put an end to murders
I compelled women to be loved by men
I made the right stronger than gold and silver
I ordained that the true should be considered good
I devised marriage contracts
I assigned to Greeks and barbarians their languages
I made the good and the bad to be distinguished by nature
I made that nothing should be more fearful than an oath
I have delivered him who unjustly plots against others into
the hands of the one against whom he plotted
I impose retribution upon those who do injustice
I decreed that mercy be shown to suppliants
O honor those who justly defend themselves
With me the right has power
I am the mistress of rivers and winds and sea
No one is honored without my consent
I am the Mistress of War
I am the Mistress of the thunderbolt
I calm the sea and make it surge
I am in the rays of the sun
I attend the sun in its journey
What I decree, that is also accomplished
All yield to me
I set free those who are in bonds
I am the Mistress of seamanship
I make the navigable un-navigable, whenever I so decide
I founded enclosure walls of the cities
I am called the Lawgiver
I brought up islands out of the depths into the light
I am the Mistress of rain
I conquer Destiny
Destiny obeys me
Hail, O Egypt, that nourished me!

(http://www.philae.nu/philae/aretalogy.html)

Sound familiar at all?