Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for this pleasant surprise, Robert!

You make many very good points, and it is excellent to see you wrap your mind around this fascinating subject. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention as well as to others. I think you are right that Revelation as an ancient astrotheological text conveying cosmic information found in the mysteries is extremely germane to humanity. I hope you will continue to run with this idea, which I could not have expanded upon in the short space devoted to it in Christ Con.

When you say, "...it is rather bold to suggest this captures the entire meaning of the 144,000." I don't not believe I have ever said that there is only one meaning to any number. I certainly have never meant such a thing. My 10-page chapter was not intended to be an exhaustive treatise. Because of the nature of my book - which has a solar cross surrounded by the 12 astrological signs - I focused only on the most astrotheological meanings, to remain on topic and save space. It is highly likely that many sacred numbers have more than one meaning.

"Taking astrotheology as the starting point for interpretation is essential, but care is needed not to close off fruitful lines of enquiry."

My work is never designed to close off any line of inquiry. I encourage people to go off in any civil direction, adding to the discussion, separating wheat from chaff, tempering the iron in the fire, and so on. Again, a 10-page chapter was never meant to be exhaustive.

"To my reading, Acharya S’s statement that Revelation is not prophecy is in tension with analysis of the text as a discussion of the Great Year."

If you are suggesting that the ancients may have meant Revelation to be a prediction of what might occur based on astronomical observation of the precession of the equinoxes, I see no reason to doubt that part of it is a depiction of what those who created it thought might happen during the coming Great Year/Age. But Revelation is not a prophetic book in the sense it is believed by the unwashed faithful, with a real Jesus appearing the sky on a white horse, for example. If we remove the fantastic astrotheological elements, little is left but horrors and atrocities that we have already seen on planet Earth many times - warfare, famine and so on - and will continue to see, unfortunately for a long time. Hence, it's not much of a "prophecy" - just common sense based on scientific observation.

Quote:
And yet, the nagging suspicion remains that this mythic character may have a historic origin in a single person who had a prophetic vision of the shape of time, reflected in the hidden Biblical use of the precession of the equinox to understand the passage of time.

It's not an outrageous proposal for there to have been one individual who possessed some of the knowledge found in the New Testament. But it is clear that the gospel character of "Jesus Christ," as depicted throughout the NT texts, is a mythical composite. The knowledge, both esoteric and exoteric, depicted in the New Testament is a mass from many individuals dating back centuries to millennia. It is an outpouring of mysteries that had been hidden, exposed, added to, subtracted from, etc., for hundreds to thousands of years. No single individual possessed this knowledge. I demonstrate in Christ Con, Suns of God and Christ in Egypt, it is traceable to the mysteries schools that ringed the Mediterranean, including and especially at Alexandria, Egypt. When one studies this material, it becomes obvious that a large library was at hand to create Christianity - and no single individual was at its source.

"All the lamb and fish imagery of the New Testament can be interpreted against this stellar code."

Yes! Thank you for comprehending the big picture. Carry on in expanding upon this issue - and inspire others to do likewise.

One point you may wish to keep in mind is that when each of the precessional ages has begun precisely has been a sort of "No man's land," as one astronomer told me. While some may have believed that the Age of Pisces, for example, began around what we call the year 1, sources on this point vary, with some claiming that it really began around 150 BCE and others at other times.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:14 am 

Acharya wrote:
Thank you for this pleasant surprise, Robert! You make many very good points, and it is excellent to see you wrap your mind around this fascinating subject. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention as well as to others. I think you are right that Revelation as an ancient astrotheological text conveying cosmic information found in the mysteries is extremely germane to humanity. I hope you will continue to run with this idea, which I could not have expanded upon in the short space devoted to it in Christ Con.
Many thanks for your thoughtful responses Acharya. I agree that the Apocalypse is a fascinating subject, and that its link to cosmic information found in the mysteries is germane to humanity. Your work is perhaps the most prominent effort to open a rational scientific discussion of this material, providing an excellent platform for expansion.
Quote:
When you say, "...it is rather bold to suggest this captures the entire meaning of the 144,000." I don't not believe I have ever said that there is only one meaning to any number. I certainly have never meant such a thing. My 10-page chapter was not intended to be an exhaustive treatise. Because of the nature of my book - which has a solar cross surrounded by the 12 astrological signs - I focused only on the most astrotheological meanings, to remain on topic and save space. It is highly likely that many sacred numbers have more than one meaning. "Taking astrotheology as the starting point for interpretation is essential, but care is needed not to close off fruitful lines of enquiry."
My work is never designed to close off any line of inquiry. I encourage people to go off in any civil direction, adding to the discussion, separating wheat from chaff, tempering the iron in the fire, and so on. Again, a 10-page chapter was never meant to be exhaustive.
I do apologise if my stylistic point about the complexity of astrotheological symbolism is read as implying you are suggesting the symbolic meaning can easily be understood. Rather, what I wanted to get across was that fruitful lines of enquiry can be closed by accident as much as by design. As soon as we say the text means one thing, we can be read as saying it does not mean something else. Yet the symbols in Revelation are so multivalent, to use Richard Tarnas’s term, that their meaning remains ambiguous and slippery.

My intention was mainly to draw attention to the rhetorical issue that advocacy of an astrotheological reading can be drawn into a polemical style in its rejection of dogma, and that polemics on occasion can make arguments seem simpler than they are in reality. This seems to be what happened in the early church, when allegorical parables fossilised into church dogma. If your comments sometimes have a polemical tinge that is no bad thing, but as you have noted elsewhere, polemics can easily be misread. You have commented on this problem in terms of the relation between mythicism and atheism. Clarifying the meaning and intent of comments is a way to explore their deeper content. Your chapter on The Meaning of Revelation is a great starting point.
Quote:
"To my reading, Acharya S’s statement that Revelation is not prophecy is in tension with analysis of the text as a discussion of the Great Year."

If you are suggesting that the ancients may have meant Revelation to be a prediction of what might occur based on astronomical observation of the precession of the equinoxes, I see no reason to doubt that part of it is a depiction of what those who created it thought might happen during the coming Great Year/Age. But Revelation is not a prophetic book in the sense it is believed by the unwashed faithful, with a real Jesus appearing the sky on a white horse, for example. If we remove the fantastic astrotheological elements, little is left but horrors and atrocities that we have already seen on planet Earth many times - warfare, famine and so on - and will continue to see, unfortunately for a long time. Hence, it's not much of a "prophecy" - just common sense based on scientific observation.
This issue of prophecy illustrates the complexity of meaning. Once we say the conventional prophecy is allegory, we do not need to say the book has no prophetic content, but rather that it needs interpretation in a different way. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, hunger, death, war and plague, are the greatest sources of human suffering, and raise the questions whether these archetypes can be embedded within an accurate theory of time.

Such an embedding of myth within history, interpreted against precession, culminates in the Biblical vision of a future planetary redemption, understood as a world of peace and healing. The problem of prophetic status is whether the apocalypse is a description of timeless realities of human suffering, or whether it points to specific temporal events.

If the Yuga model of descending and ascending ages is taken as a guide, the suggestion remains possible that the cusp between the Age of Pisces and the Age of Aquarius is a specifically apocalyptic transition, with a powerful world empire in conflict with the emerging vision of eternal cosmic truth. As I see it, the idea of the millennium suggests we can see a longer term vision of the potential reconciliation of all life on earth, but that this cosmic vision conflicts with specific human agendas of planetary control.
Quote:
Quote:
And yet, the nagging suspicion remains that this mythic character may have a historic origin in a single person who had a prophetic vision of the shape of time, reflected in the hidden Biblical use of the precession of the equinox to understand the passage of time.
It's not an outrageous proposal for there to have been one individual who possessed some of the knowledge found in the New Testament. But it is clear that the gospel character of "Jesus Christ," as depicted throughout the NT texts, is a mythical composite. The knowledge, both esoteric and exoteric, depicted in the New Testament is a mass from many individuals dating back centuries to millennia. It is an outpouring of mysteries that had been hidden, exposed, added to, subtracted from, etc., for hundreds to thousands of years. No single individual possessed this knowledge. I demonstrate in Christ Con, Suns of God and Christ in Egypt, it is traceable to the mysteries schools that ringed the Mediterranean, including and especially at Alexandria, Egypt. When one studies this material, it becomes obvious that a large library was at hand to create Christianity - and no single individual was at its source.
Fully agreed. The issue though, is to separate between the ‘Jesus of the Gospels’ who is clearly imaginary and fictional as presented, and the ‘Jesus as inspirer of the Gospels’, who could conceivably have been a real person, thoroughly covered over and transformed in the final text, but present in fugitive traces as cosmic visionary.

Mythicism, in demonstrating the fictional nature of the gospels, opens the far more interesting questions of how these texts actually came into being, and what were the psychological, political, scientific and cultural factors impacting on the text contents. My view is that the cosmology of the Great Year is a defining hidden motif giving shape and purpose to the vision of the New Testament. As such, the Great Year is the framework upon which the various tales are built, giving the whole Bible its inner unity.

Was this inner unity driven by an inspired leader of genius? By comparison, if Isaac Newton had not lived, we would surely by now have discovered his key findings about the laws of physics. The fact that Newton lived as a great synthesising genius meant that science advanced much faster due to his writings than it would have without him. My view, similarly, is that an individual most likely lived who drew together the messianic strands of cosmology and history into a framework for the story of Jesus, and this story was then elaborated and expanded by reference to the wealth of messianic imagery in all available literature.
Quote:
"All the lamb and fish imagery of the New Testament can be interpreted against this stellar code."

Yes! Thank you for comprehending the big picture. Carry on in expanding upon this issue - and inspire others to do likewise.
I find it extraordinary that this observation of the stellar framework of Biblical symbols routinely encounters the barrier of complete unwillingness to even discuss it. People say that the Bible can be interpreted in many ways, without acknowledging that some ways have more meaning than others. Understanding the astrology in the Bible requires a willingness to examine the material in a way that builds systematically from empirical foundations. Hence the four creatures are decisive for setting the cosmic frame of heaven as an astronomical reference. By the way I noted you describe the four creatures as the cardinal points of the zodiac. I’ve been used to seeing them as the fixed points, although by now they are in mutable signs in the tropical zodiac! They were of course cardinal at the Taurus-Aries Age cusp, a temporal location that is decisive for their religious function.
Quote:
One point you may wish to keep in mind is that when each of the precessional ages has begun precisely has been a sort of "No man's land," as one astronomer told me. While some may have believed that the Age of Pisces, for example, began around what we call the year 1, sources on this point vary, with some claiming that it really began around 150 BCE and others at other times.
Yes, I am well aware of these debates. My view is that the long term stability of precession over millions of years provides a clear indication of the length of the age, at 2148 years. Further, the deep cyclic causal karma of the earth means that the Zodiacal Ages are embedded into the deep structure of terrestrial time, giving each successive Age a similarity in how it arises, flourishes and declines. For this reason my opinion is that we should look at the events of ancient history and plot them against the events of 2148 years later. This method was suggested by Dane Rudhyar in his book Astrological Timing, to claim that Napoleon and Alexander were ‘time twins’, serving the same function in the ages of Pisces and Aries respectively. The same could be said of Hannibal and Hitler, of Plato and Kant, or of Fabius Maximus and FDR.

Even considering that the Jesus of the Gospels is largely made up, this ‘time twin’ method would suggest the time of Christ, 0-30AD, marking the shift from the Age of Aries to the Age of Pisces, can map to a shift from Pisces to Aquarius in 2148-2178 AD. We do not know if the transition between Ages has an actual cusp; this is hardly surprising when we cannot even find scientific evidence of a cusp between the zodiac signs in their annual procession.

As I argue in my essay on The Great Year, the Gas Giant Planets and the Holy City, there is a close correspondence between the Great Year and the patterns of the gas giants, which map directly to what Rudhyar called the houses of the age. The Jupiter-Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Pisces in 53AD is one of the multivalent events that mark the dawn of the Age of Pisces, but lack of knowledge on this question means we should collect a range of indicators before suggesting a definite answer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:08 pm 

One major factor here is that 666 seems to be a later edition to the text:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Quote:
The Number of the Beast is a concept from the Book of Revelation of the New Testament of the Christian Bible, relating somehow to the figure of "The Beast". The number is 666 in most manuscripts of the New Testament, and in modern translations and critical editions of the Greek text. Although Irenaeus (second century) reported several scribal errors of the number, there is still doubt by some theologians about the original reading, as some recently discovered third century early manuscripts of Revelation read 616. This topic is a source of contention for many church groups and theologians.[1] Most scholars contend that the number 666 is a code for the Roman Emperor Nero.[2][3][4][5][6][7]

A few ancient manuscripts of the Revelation say the number is 616, fifty less than the more well known number. A possible reason for the discrepancy lies in early translation. On the assumption that the Revelation was meant to be distributed among the Early Christians, it could very well be assumed that occasionally someone may have used the Latin spelling of Nero's name (Nero Caesar), so the total value of the gematria would be 616.[17][18]

The early Church father Irenaeus knew several occurrences of the 616-variant but regarded them as a scribal error and affirmed that the number 666 stood "in all the most approved and ancient copies" and is attested by "those men who saw John face to face".[19]. This testimony of Irenaeus is very important, because he was a disciple of Polycarp who in turn was a disciple of John the Evangelist himself.

Red arrow points to χιϛʹ (616) in P115 deciphered in May 2005.In May 2005, it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques[20] had been able to read previously illegible portions of the earliest known record of the Book of Revelation (a 1,700 year old papyrus), from the Oxyrhynchus site, Papyrus 115 or P115, dating one century after Irenaeus. The fragment gives the Number of the Beast as 616 (chi, iota, sigma), rather than the majority text 666 (chi, xi, sigma).[1] The other early witness Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C) has it written in full: hexakosiai deka hex (lit. six hundred sixteen).[21]

Significantly, P115 aligns with Codex Alexandrinus (A) and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C) which are generally regarded as providing the best testimony to Revelation. Thus, P115 has superior testimony to that of P47 which aligns with Codex Sinaiticus and together form the second-best witness to the Book of Revelation. This has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[22][23]

Dr. Paul Lewes in his book, A Key to Christian Origins (1932) wrote:

"The figure 616 is given in one of the two best manuscripts, C (Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, Paris), by the Latin version of Tyconius (DCXVI, ed. Souter in the Journal of Theology, SE, April 1913), and by an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907). Irenaeus knew about it [the 616 reading], but did not adopt it (Haer. v.30,3), Jerome adopted it (De Monogramm., ed. Dom G Morin in the Rev. Benedictine, 1903). It is probably original. The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)".[24]

Professor David C. Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original.[25] Dr. Ellen Aitken said: “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast. It's probably about 100 years before any other version."[26]

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:27 pm 

Tat, thanks, I agree this is sound and incisive analysis. What it suggests is that the Age of Pisces is a time of conflicting directions, with the continued descent into materialism symbolised by the imperial dominance of the 666, and the simultaneous emergence of a new Great Year, so far present only in embryo. During the Age of Pisces, the world is pregnant with the new Great Year, which was conceived at the time of Christ and is due for birth at the Second Coming of Christ and the dawn of the Age of Aquarius. Paul's image of ‘creation in travail’ in Romans 8 reflects this cosmology.

We should look at the Age of Pisces for evidence of this continued descent into materialism, to see the emerging conflict between materialist ignorance and spiritual knowledge of the Great Year. The Bible says ‘no one will be able to buy or sell’ without the 666. Surprisingly, this vision of a unified global financial system directly matches our world reserve currency, the United States Dollar, which also has six letters in each of its three names. I wrote an article titled Theological Reflections on Empire, published by the World Student Christian Federation in the 2007 issue of its journal Student World, in which I explore the correspondence between the 666, the US dollar and President Ronald Wilson Reagan. My view is that the mind-boggling scale and insanity of the US military approach to security will be seen in years to come as a terrible planetary nightmare, displaying strong correlation with the Biblical prediction of a successor empire to Rome, an empire that would dominate the end of the Age of Pisces just as Rome dominated the end of the Age of Aries.

I have been exploring the astronomy of the Great Year in a thread called Zodiac Nodes on http://www.bautforum.com. The place of the Milky Way against the Yuga is decisive, with the Golden Age marking the time when the northern spring began with the sun on the north side of the Milky Way, and the Iron Age the time when the March equinox point was furthest south of the Milky Way. In 10,000 years, in the middle of the next Golden Age, Orion will be 40° south of the celestial equator, which will pass through Lynx, Auriga and Centaurus. Canopus and Vega will then be the pole stars.

Against this Great Year framework, the first half of the Age of Aquarius, beginning about 2148 AD, can be seen as the millennium during which Satan is first defeated and confined, in preparation for the final conflict. The Bible seems to suggest that people are so stupid that only 144,000 of us will survive the end of the Age of Pisces. My view is that new technology could enable billions of people to safely share the earth with the rest of nature. The karmic power of descent is so great though, that this discussion about the shape of the Great Year completely fails to engage with public debate. It relates to the question of why Acharya has had to self-publish, that the controlling vision of the world totally refuses to allow public space for a cosmology based on the natural cycle of the Great Year. Acharya is on the side of the angels and the salvation of humanity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 pm 
Jesus

well here is my observation combined with a wee bit of study to extrapolate with,jesus is historically scarce but with reason,his crucifixion is not a normal one as he was done up on friday and taken down before sunset friday, he was given vinegar or ;oison which either killed him or made it so he could survive his traumas.but if he survived he went into exile and became a private changed onwe.if he died he stayed dead as a ruined pyhsical dead body does not reanimate, he may have risen in a bright luminous astral body able to be seen by those whowere tuned in to it. but if soem one rose fronm the dead it may be considered a cruel trick played on one as to have to coem back or it could be considered a barnun and bailey ringling a ding circus attraction in the travelling anabaptist shows."lookee lookeee come hither n witness the son of god back from the dead."are we not all spawn of creator even if deial of divine creation and universe which mayhaps we will never be able to understand e cept at the feet of he who creatyed it and instructs on just what the helkl all this has been and is about.but he might get testy w3ityh those who look at this universe and deny its creator the respect it deserves as we aall know we could be wiped out in a blinking of an eye if creator let one or two celestail occurences come our way.and who is to say creator cannot control his own creation in wghatever way he wishes to do so..But ....
When one cavalierly mentions jesus is the sun sun of god and sop naturlich people worshipped the sun as the giver of life, yes well I worship the moon in its waxing quarter 1/4 phase afterr the equinox witrh venus just off the lower point of the moons point,I we go out into the glades clearing or other places of worship and say" oh moon we worship you praise you and worship also your little light that shines from your lower point womb we worship you for giving us your light point as well"so we worship and worship and it get rather dull so we ingest entheogens in proper and refined doses to put us in a digfferent type of experiencing our reality at the time we are exoperiemncing it. thusly we escape the sin of not worshipping deity.but tis a duty dione with no joy except that which we inject into it to make it jopyful.

worshipping a higher being is not human nature it i a installment of minds more creatively thoughtfully devious to prey on our own lack of thought.now a userper might require worship obesicience et all and that usurper would be the nasty lil fooker s known as dimensionally removed 1 1`/2 to 2 dimensions from us and they wreak havoc with us and even alleguiance to the m from certain miscreants here on earth known as psycho pathic souless or damned mo fuchs who are headin fer hail and parts undesirable and the company of things even less so.So lets put this "early humans worshipped the sun" as a natural instinct behind us , was human sacrifice natural as well, and all the other quant rituals of soem nasty belief systems previously done.as for relying on these much worked over,changed and obfuscated books as auithorities to be relied upon and prove ones this or that or claim to that or this i not like to do so since i cannot understand most of them when i do in fact read them.there is a universal way of behaving if one is not left completely to survive with nature using only their skillderring do and intelligence and even their spirit bodies for supernatural gained knowledge and alliancesI am of course referring to the barabarious practices of the amerrican indians in the culture of war fare and torture and ways of beiong which eurapeans observed and rationalized it was good to take their stuff,kill them while doing it and destroy the good as well as the bad along with any truths they had that could have added to the general well being of who ever thinks us humans have a good deal here on earth.especially the current deal we have with the dealers.But we cannot morn the old ways but simply wish those well who still are connected to them and lucky enough not to know what they are missing out on which are trinkets actually.which brings me back to jesus. the only reason i believe there was one and he was murdered by the pharisees because he made them see themselves for the niggardly bastards they were and also he could've upset their apple cart scam they had over any and all who they could,the temple chjangery business,animals sacrifice ,circumsism business medicine and priest and holy pretenders, and pompous power materialsts who happen to be the spawn of satans synagog, say in their holy book the talmud that jesus"is boiling in feces for eternity" and "mary the whore" has all her orifices reamed by giant donkey dicks for eternity as well. the fact they make it important to curse him in the talmud leads me to believe they have an actual beef with the actual person and thats why i think jesus seriously pissed off the pharisees and threatened their rice bowl and power position to rule and make lawyerly over others .But when a christian says to me that I need to be "born again" and accept jumpin jaysus into my heart as my "personal saviour" , an do an believe like dey tell me to do, den I gotta not partake of such exotic beliefs . that i say verily I cannot follow a religion to the umpth degree of orthodox dogma as I will lose my mind and become as a blind one and even a steenkingk self loather receiveing garbage cavalierly tossed they call it religion, religion whose got the one true religion? is it found in a burning bush? or in goddess tush? will you find it under the rubber tree or from the holy pee of oxen roaming..
Each succesive rise of human visibilty on earth gets successivley more removed from their relation and awareness of divine nature which is essence in living things,it is called the spark of the divine,some mor n others as classified by phylum and species etc etc..but that this earth is a planet derailed and detached from creators creation from a serious type of interloper that desires to exchange itself with the original and design worlds that are a insult and a non harmonious occurence(animals eating animals,dinasaurs,savagery to all concernedcoursde maybe i not hep to it all)or the expeation of all memories when passing on and the veil of peace falls on you, but that doesnt do me any good on this side pondering the fact of ones mortality and experiencing bodily demise in possibly a very painful way like torture or a long bothersome death time with no out.dat dont do me any good if that be possibility) to the way of natural creation?making humans once removed from their natural creator split essence and if educated right will never discover their hidden lost aspects and attributes divine/relation to creator? as when jumpin jaysuis sez ye are all teeny weenie gods and just tell the mountains to move and faith will make em move, or if you are a sinner and look at porno overmuch, to cure yourself by poking yer own eyes out as a sure way to solve it, or if your lil pp controls your brain and leads you into situations unwanted and dangerous then just cut it off and yu no longer worry,if a thief then hands,a liar then tongue,a murdetrer then suicide,a preist then mockin and derision is ordered,a scalawag or bawdly loud scorn then dunk them thrice in ice water, do not suffer a witch but cultivate good will for to benefit from her charms and what nots. so live ye well and live ye easy but never fir get those who transgressed and those transgressors who cross the lines and have become the agents inhuman clothed in selfish conceit , not a care for others and not a whim they deam to go un quenched even with and by the blood of their fellows they care not, and these they shall surely rot,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

This guy on youtube, 'Xoroaster,' seems to have done a great job.

From Zero to Eclipse. The Entire Jesus Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xoroaster#g ... E394AD0DA6

Book of Revelation
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xoroaster#g ... D746F648CF

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:56 pm 

Guy's pretty good. Had a nice two hour chat with him last night. Funny thing is, I didn't bring up anything about sun worship or astronomy or anything of the sort at all, I just stuck with his ideas on Revelation and New Testament origins, and he himself said he's starting to think that Jesus was originally meant to be just a being made of pure light and that his stories are just an allegory for the sun, and that the origins of xianity and the tale of Christ dying & rising again had to do with a first century solar eclipse.

I didn't really indulge him in that at the time, as I was more interested in his theories on eschatology, plus I want to see what all he really thinks about comparative mythology first before I go down that road of conversation with him. But all in all, a pretty cool & very studious fellow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad you took it upon yourself to befriend and discuss Xoroaster's views, GodAlmighty. That was a great idea.

I've only had time to watch a couple of his videos but, he comes off as sincere, honest and intelligent. I'd be interested to hear what he thinks of Acharya's work. He may find some answers to some of his own research there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:07 pm 

I went through his series on Revelation chapter by chapter. Very insightful fellow indeed. He found all sorts of things that I hadn't encountered yet. I can see that he has uncovered how the astronomical alignments and events were being used as a guide to mark historical events and times. I started up a thread @ BT about this series: http://www.booktalk.org/post97079.html#p97079

I went ahead and watched his series on Daniel as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/Xoroaster#p ... 5C28B2AAD8

It looks like Revelation really is a combination of an old Great Year mythology used to outline the goings on of the destruction of the Temple in 70 CE and the astronomical alignments which marked that time period. Then it goes on to outline the writers belief in cyclic time by expressing symbolism about the Great Year and precession. Altogether, the writers seemed to think they were warning those who could interpret esoteric allegory about history 'repeating itself'. 8)

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm 

This series is great too, basically contrasting Documentary Hypothesis with this newer "Septuagint Priority Hypothesis" which is worth a good watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/Xoroaster#p ... 59DB690FF0

Not mentioned here is that Joseph Campbell had been reading through Berossus and found that his Babylon Kings list and the Patriarch's in Genesis had a strong parallel and renders the 432,000 / 43,200 hint @ precession and cyclic time modeling. Also not mentioned is the MP Alexandrian Hypothesis for the NT (taken mainly from quote mining the Septuagint). We really need to get Xoroaster into our discussion here if possible...

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

It's good to see some discussion on these videos by Zoroaster. It's perfect timing as well because some of it could possibly end up in the 2nd edition to Christ Conspiracy after it's all vetted for accuracy and primary sources cited. So, I really do need all that stuff given a serious going over. I wonder if this guy has any relevant credentials?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm 

He's attacking it like a scholar whatever the case may be. I'm really impressed with some of the insight in these series. His NT dating series is a good one too: http://www.youtube.com/user/Xoroaster#p ... aj6n6DZa2A

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for that Tat. Zoroaster is good - no doubt about it. I've posted that series in a couple relevant threads around here at Freethought Nation to make sure they were easily found there for ease of reference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 pm 
Thor

"It's good to see some discussion on these videos by Zoroaster. It's perfect timing as well because some of it could possibly end up in the 2nd edition to Christ Conspiracy after it's all vetted for accuracy and primary sources cited. So, I really do need all that stuff given a serious going over. I wonder if this guy has any relevant credentials?"

Acharya could possibly check out the following book:

Egyptian Origin of the Book of Revelation - by John H. C. Pippy PhD.

"
Abstract:

This treatise compares a variety of well-known religious texts from ancient Egypt with scenes described in Christianity's Book of Revelation: texts include the Amduat; the Book of Gates; Books of the Heavens; Book of Caverns; Book of the Dead; Book of the Divine Cow and several others. Parallels found included the characteristics of all the main characters (e.g., Egypt's Apophis = Revelation's Satan), situations and activities in individual scenes (e.g., judgment scenes) as well as similar sequences of scenes (e.g., sequence from 2nd to 12th Divisions of the Book of Gates is similar to that of most Revelation's chapters 15-21). An especially remarkable similar sequence is that found between the 4th Division of the Amduat (which deals with the sun-god's perils along the torturous, zig-zag route through the Land of Sokar) and the 13th chapter of Revelation (which deals with the Revelation's 1st and 2nd beasts and the image of the 1st beast). It is concluded that almost all the major passages in the Book of Revelation have Egyptian parallels and can readily be interpreted from an Egyptian perspective. These include many parallel religious beliefs (found in the Book of the Dead and elsewhere) as well as catastrophic events known to have occurred in ancient Egypt. This research thus suggests that important religious texts from Egypt have played a pivotal role in the composition of the Book of Revelation. Its references to certain place-name, deities and events apparently represent corruptions of the book's original text -- text most likely penned in Egypt by a non-Egyptian author -- and an entire redacted version was later adopted into Christianity's corpus of literature."

"Target Audience: Primarily Egyptologists, although extensive ancient Egyptian backgrounds to most topics are provided to facilitate understanding by archeologists, Bible scholars and others with a special interest in Egyptology and ancient Christian literature."

http://www.revorigin.com/

He does mentions Massey's treatment of the matter from what was found using google books.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

What Does The Book Of Revelation Really Mean?

Part 2:
Revelation in Context: Letters and Symbols

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next