presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Nativity Scene in the Temple of Luxor

Quote:
"Thousands of years before Mary nursed the baby Jesus, the Madonna and the Child existed in Egypt as Isis holding her infant, Horus. Isis (Sirius) "Virgin of the World." On the walls of the temple of Luxor, there were carved four scenes adopted by the Gospels:

* The first scene depicts a group of angels on a cloud making the annunciation of the coming of the Messiah King to a band of shepherds in the fields

* The second represents a single angel announcing to a young maiden that she is to be the mother of the awaited Messiah.

* A third pictures the Nativity scene, with the two animals, the ox and the ass, present.

* And the fourth shows three Magi kneeling before a babe and offering gifts, at a date as early as 1700 B.C.

http://www.religionandspirituality.com/ ... ORION_are/

Acharya's article - http://www.truthbeknown.com/luxor.html

Earl Doherty's thoughts: A Conjunction of Nativity Stories: Massey, Acharya, and Carrier

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:18 pm 

Quote:
The Egyptian Sun God Horus taught that the Christ spirit is in us all, so he was anticipating a mass of Christs. That's what we need to focus on today instead of the polarization that's caused by religious dogma propagated by those who are unaware of the origins of the Christmas season.

That's from the first link and you know, this also takes us to my favourite gospel- Thomas. A Humanist has a favourite gospel? :shock: Why not? Anyway, check out http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm and see sayings 3 and 77. Three speaks of the Kingdom within us and 77 speaks of Jesus (not Christ, but still) being in everything.

The rest of it is the same thing as we've learned before and with such things being stated everywhere, why can't people accept that the Jesus myth is just rewritten myth? I don't get it. I think it is pure insanity. Oh well, maybe by 2150 they will, but move on to another myth that is the exact same thing. :roll:

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Earl Doherty

Quote:
"Yet all this is nothing to merit celebration by Christian apologists, nor does it undercut the principle of borrowing from pagan parallels. The very universality of such conception and birth stories, containing such similar elements, demonstrates the basic non-originality of the Christian one—or ones, since as Carrier observes, the versions by Matthew and Luke are almost entirely different. But in sum, merged together (which Christians themselves do all the time), they contain all the fundamental elements in common with Luxor and Hellenistic royal legends. The specific distinctions do not disprove the principle, and are inevitably determined by differences in cultural setting and other contemporary factors. If we can point to a dozen "annunciation" traditions or "virgin birth" legends, Luke's Annunciation and Matthew's Virgin Mary has to be invention. By the same token, so too the visit of three magi bearing gifts, the slaughter of the innocents, the flight into Egypt. We don't have to know whether Matthew and Luke were familiar with the traditional Egyptian myth of kingly birth (certainly not impossible), or had been to Luxor (certainly not likely); and perhaps it is crossing the line for Massey to present it as a conscious copying of specifically Egyptian mythemes on the part of the evangelists. On the other hand, if Egypt's legendary traditions influenced the development of Hellenistic ones, and the latter in turn influenced the Christian ones, then Luxor is the ancestor to Matthew and Luke, and the parallel principle is intact."
http://jesuspuzzle.humanists.net/supp13D.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 am 

What would the deity/godman be in the age of Aquarius? I can't even imagine it.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:47 am 
Hermes

But he had gills, that would keep us in pisces :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am 

Maybe it's the crossover from pisces to aquarius.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:28 pm 
Aphrodite

I think we know better by now than to engage in any man-made-up deity or alleged representative of deity in the coming new age of Aquarius.

Surely the deceivers will continue to try and deceive -- but we are ready for them this time. At least I know I am.

I will not believe in any UFO crap they try to spring on us, any new Christ figures, etc. I instead will look to the stars and see for myself and continue to fight, to learn, and to educate the world toward a Free Humanity, free of religion and the State. Nothing less will do.

"If someone comes to kill you -- arise quickly and kill him." -- The Talmud

"Time does not exist. To love, to want, infinitely, that is all and all is that"
SOLI DEO
Le 27 Jun 1566
Michel de Notre Dam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm 

We may know better, Astrotheo, but there are millions of people who don't and currently and still believe in a god concept created by humans.

Post subject: Point well taken...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm 
Aphrodite

Point well taken, Mriana. I will keep spreading the word. I even added a Acharya S/Truth Be Known banner to my links page! Woo hoo! I used the brown one with the hawk. It's at the bottom of the page for the moment.

www.astrotheo.com

"Time does not exist. To love, to want, infinitely, that is all and all is that"
SOLI DEO
Le 27 Jun 1566
Michel de Notre Dam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:04 pm 

Looks great, but Acharya hasn't approved any of them yet. However, I think it is a great way to spread the news. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 pm 
Hercules

I'm wondering about copyright issues. I'm pretty sure the sun image is a nasa image, and so is probably fine to use, but I'm not sure about the hawk image. If there's interest in using the banner, I'll look into the copyright thing and put a bit more work into the image.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:48 pm 
Aphrodite

I don't know about the copyright laws either, but no one will likely have a complaint because I am not using it to make profit. Acharya S certainly shouldn't have a complaint, after all we are helping to spread the message. Isn't that the idea? So long as there is nothing inappropriate about the content of the banner, it will likely be all right.

But just to be sure that no one's undies get into a bundle, I replaced the banner with one fresh from the Truth Be Known site.

Keep stirring up the "shite", folks. Party on.

SOLI DEO
Le 27 Jun 1566
Michel de Notre Dam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:54 am 
Site Admin

The Nativity Scene of Amenhotep III at Luxor

Adapted from an Excerpt from Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by D.M. Murdock aka Acharya S

Quote:
"In this picture we have the Annunciation, the Conception, the Birth, and the Adoration, as described in the First and Second Chapters of Luke's Gospel; and as we have historical assurance that the chapters in Matthew's Gospel which contain the Miraculous Birth of Jesus are an after addition not in the earliest manuscripts, it seems probable that these two poetical chapters in Luke may also be unhistorical, and be borrowed from the Egyptian accounts of the miraculous birth of their kings."

Dr. Samuel C. Sharpe, Egyptian Mythology and Egyptian Christianity (19)

Quote:
"... However, in "skimming" Brunner's text, as he puts it, Carrier has mistakenly dealt with the substantially different Hatshepsut text (Brunner's "IV D"), demonstrating an egregious error in garbling the cycles, when in fact we are specifically interested in the Luxor narrative (IV L)."

Quote:
"The Luxor nativity scene represents the birth sequence of an obviously very important god-king, as it was portrayed in one of the most famous Egyptian sites that endured for some 2,000 years. Egypt, it should be kept in mind, was a mere stone's throw from the Israelite homeland, with a well-trodden "Horus road" linking the two nations and possessing numerous Egyptian artifacts, including a massive, long-lived fort and Horus temple at the site of Tharu, for instance. Moreover, at the time when Christianity was formulated, there were an estimated 1 million Jews, Hebrews, Samaritans and other Israelitish people in Egypt, making up approximately one-half of the important and influential city of Alexandria. The question is, with all the evident influence from the Egyptian religion upon Christianity presented in Christ in Egypt, were the creators of the Christian myth aware of this highly significant birth scene from this singularly important temple site in Egypt? If not, these scenes were common enough right up to and into the common era - could the creators of Christianity really have been oblivious to them?

Indeed, the point is not necessarily that the creators of Christianity used this particular narrative but that there were plenty of miraculous-birth templates long prior to the Christian era, rendering Jesus's own nativity all too mundane and common, rather than representing a unique "historical" and "supernatural" event that proves his divinity above and beyond all others. With such a widespread precedent, could we honestly believe that the Christian nativity scene constituted something new and startling?"

The Nativity Scene of Amenhotep III at Luxor
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/luxor.html

Join Acharya's mailing list to be alerted to CIE's availability for pre-order.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:16 am 

Speaking of Christ in Egypt, Acharya's books, including this one in progress are being discussed on the John Shelby Spong yahoo list. In a good way and with praises. No, I didn't start the conversation- someone else did. There is now a link to this book in that thread of that Yahoo list group. :) Again, I didn't link to it.

So far, the discussion, in relationship to what Spong has written (again, I didn't start that either) is going very well. Basically, Acharya has elaborated on what Spong has been saying, according to the person who started the discussion. :shock: And I thought I was the only one who saw that! Glad I'm not alone with seeing it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:59 pm 

I look forward to reading it.

8)

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?