Site Admin

Enjoy the blog - Bill Maher Raises Horus from the Dead

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:47 pm 

Acharya wrote:
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Bill Maher Raises Horus from the Dead
Imagine my surprise when I heard that Bill Maher, plugging his new movie "Religulous," was on the highly popular show "The View" discussing the Egyptian god Horus!

In the segment provided below of the brave Maher's appearance among "The View's" she-wolves, he says that the story of the virgin-born savior who rose from the dead was popular around the Mediterranean for a "thousands years" before Christianity. Bill then relates that Horus raised "Lazarus" from the dead. Maher next attempts to raise "the Indian god Krishna," but he's cut off.

Now, Maher could only have gotten that information about Horus from a few places, one of which is my work. The only sources prior to my book The Christ Conspiracy that discuss the Horus-Lazarus connection to any extent are Alvin Boyd Kuhn and Gerald Massey. There are a few places since the publication of Christ Con, including Tom Harpur's The Pagan Christ, which has gotten some notoriety. It would be nice to know, of course, if Maher has been exposed to my work, whether directly or through the hit movie "ZEITGEIST." Since the bit about Lazarus is not in ZG, it's possible someone along the way during his movie project steered Maher towards my work.

I've been seeing the adds for this new movie on TV. It looks great! I like the clip where Maher is asking the actor who plays Jesus at the Holy Land theme park in Orlando, "What if you're wrong?". :lol:

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:49 am 

I've been amazingly seeing the ads for the movie too! It's suppose to be out Friday. At this point though, not sure I can afford to go see it though. :(

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 pm 

I'm a recent de-conversion story. I have seen the Bill Maher movie and it is awesome. I thought it was very interesting that Bill Maher has a Jewish mother (who I believe is agnostic) and a father who is Catholic. Both he and his sister were raised in the Catholic church until Bill was about 12 or 13. Bill Maher's mother says their father stop attending church about the time the Catholic church spoke out against birth control. Bill's mother never attended church with her husband and their two children, which I also found quite interesting. I think we can safely say where Bill most likely got his religious skepticism. I love Bill Maher's wit and charm as well as his willingness to get both sides to the story in this movie, for the most part he is able to achieve that in this documentary except when the faithful get ugly mean and nasty without provocation. The religious people don't like to be challenged when it concerns their faith, how typical.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 pm 

Welcome to the forum faithnomore. I really enjoyed the movie as well.

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm 

Welcome Faithnomore. Glad to have you here. :)

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 am 
Site Admin

"How Could Anyone Read The Bible & Still Want To Be A Religious Person?" Bill Maher

American Stupidity Bill Maher New Rule

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

I recently stumbled upon the following tweet from Bill Maher on Twitter:

Quote:
Twitter/Bill Maher: Krishna's virgin birth, baptism, etc.

Krishna:virgin birth, baptized in river,raised dead,carpenter son,persecuted,crucified,ascended to heaven. 1,000 yrs before u-know-who

I posted it on my Facebook page, with the following message:

Quote:
Sounds like Bill Maher's been reading Kersey Graves. He might want to follow up with my works. I wonder if atheist fanatics have been going around trying to sabotage Maher's career because he dares to make such claims? Or do they only do that with low-income single females who don't have major media behind them?

I think posted this message below that:

Quote:
I refer, of course, to these atheist fanatics:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3629

One of my friends on FB made the following comment there, which I think will resonate with others here.

Quote:
Matt Pearce: Acharya, I have noticed that Bill Maher is on Sam Harris's Project Reason Advisory Board. Maher obviously holds very similar viewpoints on Religious history as can be seen from his film Religulous and his above tweet. I really don't see why you can't also have a position on this board considering your expertise in this subject.

"Project Reason is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. The foundation draws on the talents of prominent and creative thinkers in a wide range of disciplines to encourage critical thinking and erode the influence of dogmatism, superstition, and bigotry in our world."

I really can't think of a modern day scholar that embodies the above description better than yourself.

My response:

Quote:
Matt, it seems they will ignore me until the cows come home. Perhaps I need to be rich to fit into this Boys Club...or male.

And so it goes...