All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

"Christ in Egypt" Table of Contents

From Acharya:
Quote:
Hi there -

For your enjoyment, I have posted the Table of Contents for my forthcoming book Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection.

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/chris ... tents.html

We are aiming for a late November-early December publication date, and the book will hopefully be listed on Amazon and other places for pre-order within the month.

"Christ in Egypt" will be between 500-600 pages long, with over 2,200 citations/footnotes drawing from over 750 sources that include not only thousands of pages of ancient Egyptian primary-source texts but also the works of highly credentialed authorities in relevant fields, as found in books and peer-reviewed journals. There will also be several pages of illustrations.

or

http://tinyurl.com/6rvw8l

From the Table of Contents, you will see that "Christ in Egypt" is quite thorough in its examination of the contentions made regarding the Horus-Jesus correspondences as found in my earlier books and as repeated in the movie "ZEITGEIST, Part 1."

If you would like to see a sample of this work, please go to my page on "The Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST, Part 1."

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeist.html

Enjoy!

Acharya S/D.M. Murdock
Author, "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?" and "Christ in Egypt"
http://TruthBeKnown.com
http://StellarHousePublishing.com
http://TBKNews.blogspot.com

P.S. If you would like to hear from me more often, please join my regular mailing list!
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mailinglist.html

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

XiE book description:
Quote:
Destined to be a classic enjoyed by both the professional scholar and the lay person, this comparative religion book contains a startling perspective of the extraordinary history of the Egyptian religion and its profound influence upon the later Christian faith. Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection uses a massive amount of primary sources and the works of highly credentialed authorities in relevant fields to demonstrate that the popular gods Horus and Jesus possessed many characteristics and attributes in common.

Drawing from thousands of ancient Egyptian texts in an assortment of translations along with the original language, as well as modern research in a number of other languages, controversial independent scholar of comparative religion and mythology D.M. Murdock puts together an astonishing amount of fascinating information that shows many of our most cherished religious beliefs and concepts did not appear suddenly out of the blue but have long histories in numerous cultures found around the globe, including and especially in the glorious Land of the Pharaohs.

D.M. Murdock, also known as "Acharya S," is the author of the bestselling books The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold; Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled; and Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ. Ms Murdock's books focus largely on the history and origins of religion, dating back thousands of years and encompassing religious ideologies and beliefs of a wide variety that nevertheless reveal common cultural heritage and a keen interest in and reverence for the natural world.

Christ in Egypt will be around 600 pages and contains over 2,200 footnotes/citations, utilizing over 750 sources that include books by respected publishers and peer-reviewed journals. There will also be dozens of illustrations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:48 pm 

Nice cover.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, once again, goes to Vega for another video:

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxdGDLrtZU

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 am 
Hermes

We'll all be mentioning the book during our online travels but are there any interviews lined up to promote it further?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 am 
Apollo

Will we be able to refer people to excerpts from the book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection is up for pre-order for a really good price. The book is $26.95 US but Barnes & Noble are giving a 25% discount at $20.21 and for B & N members an additional discount at $18.18 - that's a really good price. I don't expect it to be that cheap anywhere else and I don't know how long B&N will have it at that low price.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 0979963117

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Well, you'll notice in the link just above that Barnes & Noble finally have the cover image and book description up & available but now they've removed the pre-order status. I contacted them to get the pre-order back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Okay, the XIE book is back up for pre-order again at B & N.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... 0979963117

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:16 am 

I'll have to grab a copy. :)

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

It probably would've been out by now but her falling ill has been a major delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

I hope everyone is posting the news that "Christ in Egypt" is available for pre-order at Barnes & Noble in other forums etc. We're totally reliant upon word of mouth to spread the word. We do not have a high dollar advert/promo campaign to get Acharya's latest book "out there."

So please, let me know where you posted it. I would love to see it post at forums such as the Dawkins, IIDB, Harris forums. As well as Christian forums. Where else is a good forum for Acharya's latest work? Please post it everywhere you can & let everybody you know aware.

I'm sure many folks would like to study up on the primary sources & expert commentary of the Horus-Jesus connection and the demonstration that so many of the attributes brought up in Zeitgeist are real and that there are actually many more than was brought up in ZG part 1, as it was merely a basic introduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
The following qualities and aspects of Horus or other Egyptian gods are covered in Christ in Egypt:

* Horus was born on "December 25th" (winter solstice) in a manger.
* He was of royal descent, and his mother was the "virgin Isis-Mery."
* Horus's birth was announced by a star in the East and attended by three "wise men."
* At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized.
* Horus was baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who was decapitated.
* The Egyptian god had 12 companions, helpers or disciples.
* Horus performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised Osiris from the dead.
* The god walked on water.
* Horus was "crucified" between two "thieves."
* He (or Osiris) was buried for three days in a tomb and resurrected.
* Horus/Osiris was also the "Way, the Truth, the Life," "Messiah," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
* Horus's personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of the Father. He was called "Holy Child," as well as "the Anointed One," while Osiris was the KRST.
* Horus battled with the "evil one," Set/Seth.
* Horus was to reign for one thousand years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:02 pm 
Jesus

Are you thinking to a translation? A french, german, spanish, italian, russian translation would push the "word" soooo much!!!

When I show CC to people they look me in a strange way asking how it is possible to read a book in a foreign language :shock:

Gian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Acharya decided to go with a Preface for XIE rather than a foreword and I'm glad she did - I've asked her to put the Preface online - she probably will at some point - it's really good. It starts out like this:
Quote:
"Over a century ago, renowned British Egyptologist Sir Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge (1857-1934), a Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities at the British Museum, as well as a confessed Christian, remarked that a study tracing the "influence of ancient Egyptian religious beliefs and mythology on Christianity" would "fill a comparatively large volume." Since Dr. Budge's time, for a variety of reasons, including the seemingly irreconcilable academic gap between historians and theologians, no one has taken up the call to produce such a volume—until now...."

XIE - Preface