Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

And here is the Preface to Christ in Egypt - I'm sure you will enjoy it.

XIE PREFACE
http://stellarhousepublishing.com/ciepreface.html

:wink:

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:20 pm 

Good preface. Can't wait to get the book.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:23 am 
Bast

I'm excited about this book. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:17 pm 

A must buy..thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 am 
Site Admin

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/c ... egypt.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:18 pm 
Hermes

Quote:
Sorry! No International Orders at this time! U.S. only!

I live in Italy, so this means that I still need to wait?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I live in Italy, so this means that I still need to wait?

Not exactly - it means that Acharya is not able to take International Orders through her website right now due to crazy surcharges & shipping etc to other countries from the US - however, you can order it from a local book store or online stores such as Barnes & Noble or Amazon or Borders etc when the book is up at those online stores. You can contact them & ask them to get the book up online asap. You can also contact your local book store & press the store to hurry up & carry it.

International orders -
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Christ ... 117/?itm=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

This just in ... here's the Amazon link - http://www.amazon.com/Christ-Egypt-Horu ... 553&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:13 pm 

I have it on my wish list so I can find it again. :)

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
"Get your Easter special today!"

For a limited time—until Easter 2009—Stellar House Publishing is offering a discount on the purchase of the two titles Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ and Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection combined!

Who Was Jesus? normally retails for $17.95, while Christ in Egypt is $26.95...

"Buy these two books together through this webpage, and you will receive the special price of $35 for both of them!"

That's $10 off and less than you can get these books together at Amazon or Barnes & Noble!

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/special.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 am 
Hercules

Hello! I haven't posted here in a while. I just bought Christ in Egypt and am reading it. It's really fascinating and I'm learning a lot about Egyptian religion. I just finished the chapter about polytheism and monotheism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 pm 

I'm doing happy dance, because I just got my copy of "Christ in Egypt". :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Mriana wrote:
I'm doing happy dance, because I just got my copy of "Christ in Egypt". :)

Oh good! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, I just saw this fantastic review of "Christ in Egypt" posted at Amazon. Very well done! Be sure to vote on it to keep it at the top! And I suppose it can be passed around or shared however you wish. I just thought it was a superb review that many people might appreciate:

Quote:
"Studying "Christ in Egypt" (CIE) has enabled me to finally understand the Egyptian religion, Christianity, Gnosticism and their roots based in astrotheology or natural phenomena, i.e., the sun, moon, planets, stars, constellations etc. Now, it all makes sense.

CIE is very well written with Acharya's lovely style that I've come to appreciate. It's very scholarly, yet a fascinating read. Certain topics require an indepth analysis which is performed wonderfully throughout the book. Every reference and source is cited meticulously - cross-referencing primary sources 4, 5 and 6 different ways with credentialed scholars in their field of expertise across several languages, including a variety of translations of the ancient texts - WOW!

I found page 12 detailing the "Mythicist Position" outstanding & helpful, taking us far beyond the endless theist vs. atheist debate. CIE provides primary sources such as Horus being born on the winter solstice, Isis referring to herself as the great virgin, and Osiris considered the Christ and many more.

Murdock addresses counter arguments & criticisms throughout the book. She exposes biases and blatant censorship. Until the critics, whether theist or atheist, have studied this book, their opinion is worthless. Good luck to them.

CIE takes this very contentious topic to a whole new level that has the potential to change Egyptology & comparative religion as we know it. She explains the academic gap between theologians and historians. Many universities began as religious divinity schools Harvard, Yale, Princeton - CIE page 505. We need an Astrotheology Department at our universities to fill this monumental void! I wish I'd had Acharya's work available to me as a child.

I originally sought to debunk Acharya's work, but actually studying the massive amount of evidence she provides forced me to reconsider my beliefs. I realize now that I'm far better off for it. I apologize to Acharya for buying into all the lies about her work on the net. CIE is her best work to date and is the perfect response to the anti-Zeitgeist part 1/anti-Acharya cult nonsense.

I'd love to see her work on National Geographic, Discovery and the History Channels and a documentary DVD, as the 100 million Zeitgeist views demonstrate people are starving for this information. Acharya S should be on shows like Oprah, Bill Maher, Daily show and Colbert Report etc.

Acharya/Murdock deserves an award for her hard work and courage. She is the Galileo of our day!"

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:00 pm 

When I finish it, I'll hopefully be able to write a review. With all I have going on, I feel like I barely get time to read. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next