All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post subject: Who Is Gerald Massey?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Who Is Gerald Massey?

Excerpted from
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

As it turns out, Gerald Massey was heavily reviewed by the top Egyptologists of his day.

:wink:

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject: Gerald Massey
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 am 
Thor

For better or worse Gerald Massey should be regarded as reliable considering the time in which he worked. I got into trouble in the "Interfaith" Forum for posting a link to this site: "Biblical Origins in Ancient Egypt".
http://home.austarnet.com.au/calum/egypt.html

It is a site well worth visiting. The author is a professional archseology connected with the University of Queensland in Australia. I have corresponded with him with very good results.

I would have no trouble in quoting Massey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 am 
Apollo

Good link! Even fundies should be able to understand the Egyptian origins of the Bible stories from the chart (But of course they won't bother to read the WORD OF SATAN!!!)

Hope you have informed him about Acharya's 'Christ in Egypt' book and this forum :)

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:52 am 
Thor

vega wrote:
Hope you have informed him about Acharya's 'Christ in Egypt' book and this forum :)

cheers!

Yes, Vega. I have put it on my shoping list at Amazon. I have a few items on it awaiting to get enough funds to order them.

Post subject: Hello all ...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 pm 
Jesus

My first post ...

ploughing through Acharya's new book 'Jesus-Horus' at the minute.

My heart says yes, my mind says yes ... but inside the fear remains. How much of this stuff does one have to read before the fundamentalist rooting deep within is eliminated.

On my deathbed will I revert back to fundamentalism in the midst of my mortal fear (Icke states again and again that we look outside ourselves for protection / comfort when we are in fear).

Oscar Wilde called for a priest and the last rites as he lay dying in his hotel room. Aubrey Beardsley completely recanted of his entire lifes work as he lay in the grip of fear on the numinous border.

How, please tell me people here, HOW to rid oneself of the fear of 'damnation' ... a fear that is the worm in the very core of life for so many in thsi world ...

Im also thinking of Shelley's essay on Christianity ... and his pronouncement on the matter ...

Quote:
Jesus Christ has said no more than the most excellent philosophers have felt and expressed—that virtue is its own reward. - SHELLEY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm 
Jesus

Then chew on this .... (Goodnight from Ireland...)

Quote:
The doctrine of what some fanatics have termed "a peculiar Providence"—that is, of some power beyond and superior to that which ordinarily guides the operations of the Universe, interfering to punish the vicious and reward the virtuous—is explicitly denied by Jesus Christ. The absurd and execrable doctrine of vengeance, in all its shapes, seems to have been contemplated by this great moralist with the profoundest disapprobation; nor would he permit the most venerable of names to be perverted into a sanction for the meanest and most contemptible propensities incident to the nature of man.

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, that ye may be the sons of your Heavenly Father, who makes the sun to shine on the good and on the evil, and the rain to fall on the just and unjust." How monstrous a calumny have not impostors dared to advance against the mild and gentle author of this just sentiment, and against the whole tenor of his doctrines and his life, overflowing with benevolence and forbearance and compassion! They have represented him asserting that the Omnipotent God—that merciful and benignant Power who scatters equally upon the beautiful earth all the elements of security and happiness—whose influences are distributed to all whose natures admit of a participation in them—who sends to the weak and vicious creatures of his will all the benefits which they are capable of sharing—that this God has devised a scheme whereby the body shall live after its apparent dissolution, and be rendered capable of indefinite torture. He is said to have compared the agonies which the vicious shall then endure to the excruciations of a living body bound among the flames, and being consumed sinew by sinew, and bone by bone.

And this is to be done, not because it is supposed (and the supposition would be sufficiently detestable) that the moral nature of the sufferer would be improved by his tortures—it is done because it is just to be done. My neighbour, or my servant, or my child, has done me an injury, and it is just that he should suffer an injury in return. Such is the doctrine which Jesus Christ summoned his whole resources of persuasion to oppose. "Love your enemy, bless those who curse you:" such, he says, is the practice of God, and such must ye imitate if ye would be the children of God.

Jesus Christ would hardly have cited, as an example of all that is gentle and beneficent and compassionate, a Being who shall deliberately scheme to inflict on a large portion of the human race tortures indescribably intense and indefinitely protracted; who shall inflict them, too, without any mistake as to the true nature of pain—without any view to future good—merely because it is just.
Shelley - essay on christianity

http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~djb/shelley ... y1880.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm 
Thor

Irish Artist,
As you live in the cesspool of Roman Catholicism in such a beautiful country you have a worse problem that I had. My parents came from the strong Irish background and I was brought up a wee Catholic.

How much do you know about Science and Astronomy? If you were to read up as much as you can about that you might get a stronger feeling of how much bullshit the bible is. If you have not read the Old Testament, do so and the accounts of all the slaughter done by the Hebrews in the name of their "God' who was supposed to have ordered it will put you off any remaining religious hang-ups you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

Great comment Irish-Artist and welcome to the party.

Quote:
"...inside the fear remains. How much of this stuff does one have to read before the fundamentalist rooting deep within is eliminated"

I can relate. I am a recovered saved, baptized evangelical of 20 years. In my opinion, what keeps Christianity (or religion in general) alive is the fear of Satan, damnation, hell, fear of death etc. And, the idea of a 2nd coming, rapture, end times etc.

It took me about 5 years to overcome it. What did it for me was getting the facts & evidence straight i.e. theists can't even provide valid evidence for God or Jesus - nobody even tries to argue that any valid evidence exists for Satan/Lucifer. Nobody ever claimed that Satan saved a single witch from torture, drowning or burning at the stake during the Inquisitions - not one! And when it comes to God riding the world of evil - god is just never quite omniscient enough to do the job because Satan is just too powerful - oh what rubbish!

And, learning the facts about the bible i.e. learning how the Gospels were all anonymous - there were no names such as Matthew, Mark, Luke or John on them until around 180 CE. There's no mention of Jesus by any contemporaries. And nearly everything in Christianity was borrowed from a previous religion.

But what really did it was Acharya S / D.M. Murdock's work demonstrating how the origins of our popular religions began by venerating natural phenomena i.e. the sun, moon, planets, stars, constellations and turning them into myths.

I find the concept of hell laughable now. I always think of this video clip of George Carlin when it comes up:

George Carlin - Religion is bullshit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKff ... annel_page

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:37 pm 
Jesus

Thanks for the big welcome!

All the comments were fantastic to read this morning ...

I think becoming Im more and more in line with the 'near-total agnosticism' of RAW ... ie the older I get, the more I realise that I don't actually know. I read more, I become more confused. Almost daily now long held beliefs are being stripped away ... and what is left? That can wait for another day.
-----------------------------------------------------------

onto Christ in Egypt ... only on page 50, so apologies if the following is included in the book??

I have just listed some thoughts on the identification of Anubis with John the Baptist. Will list them in the following message.

Keep her lit across the water, Samuel

Oh, and that Carlin vid was supreme:-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:07 pm 
Jesus

Great Gerald Massey website ...

http://gerald-massey.org.uk/massey/index.htm

CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF ANYONE IS IN LONDON ANYTIME SOON ...

The Upper Norwood Joint Library, which opened in 1900; and, despite great public protest, is now under threat of closure; serves an area of South London near the site of the old Crystal Palace, which burnt down in 1936.

The library houses The Gerald Massey Collection, which was donated to us some years ago by David Shaw, author of "Gerald Massey: Chartist, Poet, Radical and Freethinker". The collection consists of a wide range of materials about Massey and the various fields he was involved with. It is divided into sections on Massey the radical, the poet, the Shakespearean critic, the spiritualist and the Egyptologist, with a final category of miscellaneous materials. There are books (the Chartist movement has particularly strong coverage), magazine articles, census entries, a few manuscripts, photographs, two Chartist medals etc.

It is advisable to make an appointment to see material from the collection. The library is situated at Westow Hill, Upper Norwood, London SE19 1TJ ― telephone 020 8670 2551; email to:
jsavage@uppernorwood.akhter.com
(Jerry Savage Reference & Local History Librarian)

Now I predict that with this XIE book there may well develop a massive interest in the work of Gerald Massey. And here is a trove of information ABOUT TO BE CLOSED DOWN / RELOCATED. Imagine if we could arrange for that collection to be digitised?? Who knows what treasures a person with 'eyes to see', such as Acharya, would be able to find there.

Perhaps we could start a fund to fly Acharya over to view the materials?? A good friend of mine is a high-up civil servant working in the centre of London who could direct anyone interested to the location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 pm 
Jesus

MORE INFO ...

Massey's first wife, Rosina Jane Knowles, was a noted clairvoyant. She was born in Bolton in Lancashire and was nineteen when they married in 1850. Rosina was to influence Massey's life significantly, particularly his interest in and commitment to spiritualism. Sadly, she was to develop severe depression, possibly stemming from the loss of two of her children, a condition that was aggravated by growing dependence on alcohol. She died in 1866 at the age of thirty-fou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:14 pm 
Jesus

GREAT MASSEY QUOTE ...

"I cannot join in the new masquerade and simulation of ancient mysteries manufactured in our time by Theosophists, Hermeneutists, pseudo-Esoterics, and Occultists of various orders, howsoever profound their pretensions. The very essence of all such mysteries as are got up from the refuse leavings of the past is pretence, imposition, and imposture. The only interest I take in the ancient mysteries is in ascertaining how they originated, in verifying their alleged phenomena, in knowing what they meant, on purpose to publish the knowledge as soon and as widely as possible." (vide Massey's response to the Blavatsky letter, Agnostic Journal, 1891).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm 
Jesus

And finally tonight ... a GREAT AND BANG UP TO DATE SITE ON MASSEY, ...

http://www.masseiana.org/intro.htm

100% recommended!! And contains this very interesting section ...

A Selection of Massey's Primary Source Material

PS I was telling my wife today all about Acharya and her 'quest' to bring to light blah blah blah ... then, after a 5 minute rant or so, I said to my wife 'you know, im making it sound like Acharya is a real person, and not just an internet person!'

Thats kinda funny and not a little ironic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:31 pm 
Jesus

INTERESTING SNIPPITS FROM MASSEYS TIMELINE

1852 Develops experiments in mesmerism with his wife. Private sessions held. October 1, assisted by his wife, gives public lectures and demonstrations of mesmerism and clairvoyance out of financial hardship. Due to popularity, they are continued till the end of the year. Now considers taking up lecturing full time.

1880 Elected Chosen Chief of the Most Ancient Order of Druids,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:37 pm 
Jesus

I HAVE TO STOP!!

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL poem at the end of Massey lecture on historical and mythical Christ

No matter though it towers to the sky,
And darkens earth, you cannot make the lie
Immortal; though stupendously enshrined
By art in every perfect mould of mind:
Angelo, Rafael, Milton, Handel, all
Its pillars, cannot stay it from the fall.

The Pyramid of Imposture reared by Rome,
All of cement, for an eternal home,
Must crumble back to earth, and every gust
Shall revel in the desert of its dust;
And when the prison of the Immortal, Mind,
Hath fallen to set free the bound and blind,
No more shall life be one long dread of death;
Humanity shall breathe with ampler breath,
Expand in spirit, and in stature rise,
To match its birthplace of the earth and skies.