Post subject: Was Horus "Crucified?"
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Was Horus "Crucified?"

8)

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:03 pm 

And yet the debate rages on. sigh. I do not understand why people can't comprehend these things.

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 am 

Horus was crucified... Sorry but, i need more evidence...
Who is Albert Churchward and James Bonswick ?

[S33] - Churchward, Albert: The Origin & Evolution of Religion, Page 135
[S34] - Bonswick, James: Egyption Belief and Modern Thought, p. 157

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Uhh? Are you sure you read the excerpt? keep in mind it is only an excerpt. The rest of the details are in the books.

Was Horus "Crucified?"

Have you read Christ in Egypt yet? There's a 40 page chapter on this issue alone in Christ in Egypt with 18 images.

Who is Albert Churchward and James Bonswick ? Just do a Google or look them up at Wikipedia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:33 pm 

Thomas W. Doane, Albert Churchward and James Bonswick are trustworthy sources ? And why ?

this is my question...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, so you still haven't read Christ in Egypt.

James Bonswick and Albert Churchward aren't mentioned in the excerpt at all.

Thomas W. Doane is the only one mentioned and his quote is at the top as a premise. He is not relied upon at all. These guys are mentioned usually to show that we did not make up any of these connections. Which was explained in the excerpt.

The case for Horus' crucifixion does not stand or fall on any of those 3 people. Again, the excerpt explains that as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm 
Bast

Solardie wrote:
Thomas W. Doane, Albert Churchward and James Bonswick are trustworthy sources ? And why ?

this is my question...

Do as she ask and Google it.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 am 
Hercules

Does anyone know where Achary got her information about Horus being crucified? I
couldn't find anything in Egyptian texts that makes that claim.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:10 pm 
Apollo

jwest wrote:
Does anyone know where Achary got her information about Horus being crucified? I

You've read all of the Egyptian texts? :shock:

Follow the link...

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/washoruscrucified.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:18 pm 
Hercules

vega wrote:
jwest wrote:

You've read all of the Egyptian texts? :shock:

Follow the link...

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/washoruscrucified.html

Don't be too shocked. I have researching doing ancient history far longer than Achary. She deals in myths, not ancient history. She seem interested in Christianity, but only if it can be proven to be myth. That's her expertise. I wouldn't expect her to understand ancient history.
I've read all of the Egyptian texts that deal with the birth of Horus and there is not on that deals with His death. Not only was he not crucified. He didn't die. Steller house publishing is owned by the same woman you put so much faith in.The link you posted means nothing in an attempt to learn the truth. Trying to verify something by using the same person does not prove anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 am 
Site Admin

I'm sorry, jwest, but you're barely literate, don't know what you're talking about, have no clue about Acharya's work, and from your other comments seem to know very little about ancient history, Egypt or Christianity.

But you definitely have an enormous ego - and a huge amount of conceit and arrogance.

It's probable that you were completely unable to understand even one paragraph of Acharya's article on the "crucifixion" of Horus. You evidently can't even tell what is Acharya's writing and what is that of all the others she quotes.

You need to go have a long look in the mirror, son, because you're making a total fool out of yourself here. We really don't need to have to keep addressing your really dumb comments here, as it's bringing down the quality of this forum.

As but one example of how completely clueless you are, here is an excerpt from Diodorus Siculus - who wrote during the first century BCE. But, of course, being the brilliant historian, you must already know that. (By the way, Acharya's been studying ancient history probably since before you were born, so just stifle your ridiculous comments.)

Quote:
Isis also discovered the elixir of immortality, and when her son Horus fell victim to the plots of the Titans and was found dead beneath the waves, she not only raised him from the dead and restored his soul, but also gave him eternal life.

I don't expect you will understand that paragraph, because you just really aren't very bright, but it's about HORUS BEING DEAD AND THEN BEING RAISED FROM DEATH.

And if you studied a hundred lifetimes, jwest, you still wouldn't have one-tenth of Acharya's knowledge. Please, humble yourself and stop your nonsense. We don't have time for such megalomania here.

Quote:
The link you posted means nothing in an attempt to learn the truth.

Especially not if you have a 90 IQ and aren't really trying to learn the truth. You couldn't even read it, could you?

Tat, this illiterate dope is obviously just knocking Acharya down because he thinks he's so brilliant we'll all start paying attention to him instead. I'm wondering if he isn't some homeschooled social retard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:02 pm 

FTL, it's pretty bad. I'm guessing that jwest is some kid coming here to play games, what else? But in any case the idiocy going on here is matter of public record and people can read through and see what comes of making these ill informed assertions of denial about the Egyptian influence on Christianity. In the end it shows what these sort of refutation attempts are built on - sand foundations...

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 pm 
Jesus

The "crucifixion" was symbolic. At Abydos there was a fetish or standard of a pole or pillar that was placed on the heiroglyph for moutain, "dju". On one of the standards a falcone may be seen, and it represented the conection of the sky/heaven, and earth. Also Abydos was Ab'dju, or the Hill, and it was here where the djed pillar was raised. Compare it to the rising of the pole or cross on Golgotha.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 am 
Bast

Ancient Egyptian Text are over 4400 years old and were around long before the Christian Sky Boy. Do you forget that your Sky Boy's people were enslaved in Egypt for 4000 years! There is a connection here, one side was stupid and the other was glad of it. There is one thing for sure at least the Egyptians left written accounts of their mythological figures while Christianity tried its best to suppress and kill everything connected to their mythological Sky Boy. They lied, cheated, killed and imprisoned people to keep their precious little lie a secret. So the next time someone ask you to give to the church think about who's address they are giving you. God's? Theirs? Who is really profiting from their religious scandal? God? Them? The Sheeples? Greed and lies drive this institution you call Christianity.

And as far as Horus being crucified. Who cares! The crucifixion now theres a joke in the making.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm 

You know, I never thought much of this particular parallel, as I only ever saw iconography of Horus in cruciform with arms outstretched, rather than on an actual cross, like people seem to expect, like in the following fan art pic of Horus upon the cross of the ankh, which I have often used as a joke of sorts in a couple of my videos.

But I was just rereading through Allen's Pyramid Texts earlier this morning while researching for my next video, and stumbled upon something I never noticed before, because the same passage was previously translated so differently by Faulkner and Mercer.

For Utterance 440, Faulkner gave the following translation-
Quote:
If you wish to live, O Horus in charge of your staff of justice, then you shall not close the doors of the sky,...

Mercer had it as-
Quote:
To say: If thou desirest to live, Horus, who is in charge of his life-staff(?) of truth, then shalt thou not shut the double door of heaven,...

So not much to speak of, right? What relevance does that have to Horus being "crucified"?

Well, as I said, this really gets interesting when we read how Allen translated the same passage, and also lets us know what the (?) was that Mercer made-
Quote:
Do you wish to live, Horus on top of his ankh of Maat? Then you should not close the sky's door,...

Wow. Quite different from Faulkner & Mercer. So since Allen is in the minority with this translation, I am hesitant about fully endorsing it just yet, but that's very fascinating that by way of his translation he has basically caused the Pyramid Texts to verify the above fan made depiction of Horus upon the ankh.