Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Christ in Egypt: Reviewed by Dr. Robert M. Price

D.M. Murdock (Acharya S.), Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection. Stellar House Publishing.

Reviewed by Robert M. Price

Here are a few snippets:
Quote:
"...I find it undeniable that...many, many of the epic heroes and ancient patriarchs and matriarchs of the Old Testament were personified stars, planets, and constellations..."

Quote:
"[Horus] is pictured as spanning the dome of heaven, his arms stretched out in a cruciform pattern."

Quote:
"...This is no doubt the best book by this controversial author. Any and every fault, real or perceived, that one might have detected in The Christ Conspiracy was already absent from Suns of God, and it is hard even to remember them while one is reading Christ in Egypt...."

Quote:
"The book is more extensive and encompassing than many dissertations I have read, containing over 900 sources and nearly 2,400 citations in several languages, including ancient Egyptian. The text abounds in long lost references many of them altogether new to English rendering, including de novo translations of difficult passages in handwritten German...."

Quote:
"I find myself in full agreement with Acharya S/D.M. Murdock: we assert that Christianity constitutes Gnosticism historicized and Judaized, likewise representing a synthesis of Egyptian, Jewish and Greek religion and mythology, among others [including Buddhism, via King Asokas missionaries] from around the known world (p. 278). Christianity is largely the product of Egyptian religion being Judaized and historicized (p. 482)."

Dr. Robert Price is a well-known and highly respected biblical scholar with two Ph.D's.

http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/ ... _egypt.htm

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/c ... egypt.html

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:50 pm 
Apollo

Praise be Robert P!

Having, finally, finished reading 'Christ in Egypt', I couldn't agree more with his appraisal.

This is THE book that should convince any rational reader that the Jesus story IS the Horus story IS the story of the heavens and of the seasons; the story containing motifs outlining humankind's year by year struggle to survive and progress; the story of birth, life, death, and resurrection.

This Story, in it's original form, had been a 'survival guide' for early peoples, the best way they had in those times for transferring information from generation to generation; for the ancients - a helpful calendar of events, instructions for living, comprising fictional accounts of the deeds and adventures of the gods and goddesses and more; and for the pre- and post-Common Era cultures - the basis of their Abrahamic belief systems.

Humanity has forgotten the stories it once told itself. But Acharya's meticulous research and 'joining up of the dots' found in 'Christ in Egypt' is helping us to remember, to remember that we are not the sinful pieces of trash that organised religion would have us believe we are; to remember that our earliest ancestors got on very well thank you without the need for the threat of Hell or promise of Heaven; to remember that we, armed with our intelligence and indomitable spirit alone, streamed from the last Ice Age and forged a civilization that survived, excelled, put a few of us on our Moon and a landed a robot craft that took holiday snaps from the surface of a moon of Saturn - all without recourse to the supernatural.

Our arms now reach beyond our solar system and our eyes can almost see our beginnings. Where do we go from here?

We need to see clearly. We need to remember clearly.

'"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past,"' (1984 by George Orwell)

We must take control of our futures by taking control our past by remembering what truly was. Acharya is helping us to remember what was and why.

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Wow, thanks for those kind words about Acharya's work, Vega!!!

I know Acharya really appreciates the feedback. That's what keeps her going and continuing to do her work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

I certainly do, FTL and Vega.

I am SO happy to have such a smart friend as Vega who groks the whole picture. What a relief! :shock:

I will be excerpting your wonderful remarks and passing them along.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:44 pm 
Apollo

"Groks"?

I did not realize you were also fluent in Martian :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

LOL, yeah, I'm not sure I've ever heard that word before

groks: "to understand thoroughly and intuitively."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/groks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 am 

Vega wrote:
But Acharya's meticulous research and 'joining up of the dots' found in 'Christ in Egypt' is helping us to remember, to remember that we are not the sinful pieces of trash that organised religion would have us believe we are; to remember that our earliest ancestors got on very well thank you without the need for the threat of Hell or promise of Heaven;

It's odd how people seem to love the notion that they're a piece of trash and flock by the droves to a theology that suggests that they're the dung of the earth. And it's equally very odd that this is considered "sacred" and "holy". :?

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 pm 

I still need to get a copy. :(

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:39 am 

I forgot to mention, I finally got a copy and I'm totally fascinated, esp with the Mri deal. ;)

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
"Osiris is doubly resurrected as his son Horus, too, and he, too, is eventually raised from the dead by Isis. He is pictured as spanning the dome of heaven, his arms stretched out in a cruciform pattern. As such, he seems to represent the common Platonic astronomical symbol of the sun’s path crossing the earth’s ecliptic. Likewise, the Acts of John remembers that the real cross of Jesus is not some piece of wood, as fools think, but rather the celestial “Cross of Light.” Acharya S. ventures that “the creators of the Christ myth did not simply take an already formed story, scratch out the name Osiris or Horus, and replace it with Jesus” (p. 25). But I am pretty much ready to go the whole way and suggest that Jesus is simply Osiris going under a new name, Jesus,” Savior,” hitherto an epithet, but made into a name on Jewish soil. Are there allied mythemes (details, really) that look borrowed from the cults of Attis, Dionysus, etc.? Sure; remember we are talking about a heavily syncretistic context. Hadian remarked on how Jewish and Christian leaders in Egypt mixed their worship with that of Sarapis (=Osiris)."

- Dr. Robert Price, Biblical Scholar with two Ph.D's

Review of Acharya's book "Christ in Egypt"