Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

moses737,

There are serious problems with every claim you've made in every post since you've been here. You will need to stop proselytizing in every thread immediately. Proselytizing is against the rules here. If that's what you're here to do then keep all your proselytizing in one thread of your very own creation. Otherwise, you will need to go & we wouldn't want that.

You have yet to post on-topic so far since you've been here too. Nothing you've posted in this thread has anything to do with the thread.

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:00 pm 

I like it that one can find those who seek the truth in their fields of study in order to collect evidence rather than taking someone's word for something. If the latter were the case then any old person could say anything they wanted with a lot of emotional ecstasy and articulate prowess while feeble minds would take what is said upon face value.

In the past I was brought up with a voodoo background until I was 5 years old in the Bahamas but was then introduced to Christianity when I got to the States and got caught up in the emotional addiction to that for a while but I noticed that I was progressing forward into discovering a deeper truth that seemed to be hidden from the majority of people on this earth.

People like Murdock, Icke, and others don't limit themselves to newly decorated bundles of the same old story. Aren't we always evolving as people and animals? Who knows.

Thanks for your information DM and Freethinkaluva22!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 pm 

Freethinkaluva22 wrote:
Quote:
moses737 "that is why God will cherish those of us who serve Him until the soon coming end!!"

Right, and by "end" you're referring the end times where 2/3rds of the human population of non-believers will be destroyed. No thank you. A real god wouldn't need to kill 4 billion people just because they didn't believe some crazy non-sense that cannot be backed up with credible evidence.

God/Jesus is supposed to be the omniscient, omnipotent creator of the universe yet is incapable of leaving behind credible evidence of himself which would:

1. Save xians from persecution

2. Convince billions more skeptics, thus, saving more souls. Which is what all of this is suppose to be about, right?

So, either God/Jesus doesn't give a shit about you or he doesn't exist. All theistic arguments have failed. There's still not a shred of valid evidence for Christian supernatural religious claims. If there were any credible evidence FAITH would not be the main requirement. It seems more likely that religion is a human creation with an obsession of ridding the world of non-believers.

"People who are obsessed with end times have never learned from history. They've been 100 percent wrong, 100 percent of the time."
- Hank Hanegraaff, CRI

A Brief History of the Apocalypse
http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks for the post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Here are some remarks from Dr. Michael C. Lockwood, a professor for 32 years at Madras Christian College in India, who wrote a fine mythicist work called Buddhism's Relation to Christianity. (I asked Dr. Lockwood about that link, and he told me it's authorized.)

Quote:
I have been an admirer of yours for some time now, and I have included in my monograph Dr. Price's review of your book, Christ in Egypt, and have commented on it.... I have the habit of heavily marking up a book for memory's sake when I am reading it. The section on "The Alexandrian Roots of Christianity" was well marked all the way through....

Reading through that section on Alexandrian Roots again, I must reaffirm that you have done a splendid job.

See, guys, it's getting around, so keep up the great work!

Lockwood's work reflects much scholarship in Europe, where mythicist scholars are more common, albeit they are apparently not interested in being very vocal and drawing all the haters to them like lightning rods. However, all attempts to refute the mythicist case that do not deal with the Dutch, Danish and German literature dating back centuries are feeble, indeed.

Dr. Lockwood has an impressive bio, I have to say.

Quote:
Dr. Lockwood was born in Madurai in 1933. "Yes, in a hospital near the East Gopuram of the Meenakshi Temple,'' says Dr.Lockwood. His father was a Mathematics professor at the American College in Madurai and came to India in 1927 on a six- year contract to teach. The family had gone back to America during the World War and on January 31, 1948, a day after Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated, landed by ship in Bombay. Michael and his brother were admitted to a school in Kodaikanal and the parents left for Jaffna in Ceylon to teach there. School days were spent between Kodaikanal and Jaffna till Michael went to Jaffna College to study. But then it was in the U.S. that Michael finished graduation and served in the American Peace-time Army. After his M.A.in philosophy, Michael joined the Department of Philosophy at the Madras Christian College in 1966 and completed his PhD in Philosophy under the supervision of Dr.C.T.Krishnamachari.

"It was Dr.Gift Siromoney who introduced me to the magic of the Mamallapuram monuments," says Dr.Lockwood. "In the late Sixties, the place was quiet and there was hardly any traffic on the GST Road. I developed a great interest in the Pallavas and began the Mamallapuram Studies."

He visited the other Pallava sites like the cave temple in Tiruchi and then became interested in the plays that the Pallava King Mahendra Verma had written Mattavilasa and Bhagavad Ajjuka. "I was very keen on reading the plays in English but there were none available. Dr.Vishnu Bhat, the Sanskrit scholar, read it to me and we worked on the translation of it. We thought we were the first to translate the plays," says Dr.Lockwood with modesty but a young American scholar said there was one in a journal. After the book had been printed and the cover designed we changed our claim of translation but that we were the first ones to edit it."

Two months after the translation by Dr.Lockwood and Dr. Bhat was published, Dr. Nagaswamy published a translation under the South Indian Studies by Dr. C.Meenakshi who had translated the play before her death in the Forties. But then she had only narrated it and not edited it. Then Lockwood / Bhat duo went into the translation of Mattavilasa. This lead to the book "Metatheatre and Sanskrit Drama" with essays on the structure of Sanskrit drama. Interest in Tamil language prompted Dr.Lockwood to create his own fonts for the Tamil letters. He made his own keyboard for Tamil. "I think it was just intuitive work," says Dr.Lockwood who designed and completely put together each page of his works "Basic Tamil Dictionary'' and "Basic Tamil Verb Tables."