Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 pm 

http://www.crystalinks.com/bast.html

Second picture on that page. Not sure where they got that statue from, but I want to know more about that story behind that pic, if that statue really exists. I've not seen it until now. By the looks of that picture, it would seem that even cats have a miraculous birth story too. :lol: Can anyone point me to the story on this? Is there really a story in which Bast has a miraculous birth motif? I'm really not all that surprised, if she does, but I want to know more about it. Please and thank you. :)

"Cats were once gods and they have never forgotten it." :lol:

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Temple to cat god found in Egypt

"Archaeologists in Egypt have discovered a 2,000-year-old temple in Alexandria dedicated to a cat goddess."

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:19 pm 

Oh WOW! Thank you, Freethinka and I'm glad you understood my title. I read it again and thought it might be misunderstood. I was thinking, since it was still Egyptian, it fit the section, but I wasn't talking about Isis with this question. Instead, I was switching gears, which seemed like it was understood and I'm glad. :)

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. ~ Gandhi

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. ~ Thomas A. Edison

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:24 pm 

Well that doesn't quite tell of her having a miraculous birth story, but it does make me wonder if this is one reason what the Muslims believe dogs are unclean. That is, if there is any relationship to cat/moon worship and that asinine belief.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:21 pm 

In regards to the thread title, Bastet was eventually made syncretic with Isis was referred to as Isis's Ba.

ANNUAL EGYPTOLOGICAL BIBLIOGRAPHY 1974 p.19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 am 

If you're allegric to most metals do you need a certain type for a Madonna piercing? So when I had my ears pierced I had to use 14k gold, because I was highly allergic to anything else. For awhile now I've been contemplating a Madonna Piercing. But one concern I have is will I have any allergic reactions if I use stainless steel for the Madonna piercing?