Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 pm 

JamesHiscox wrote:
Secondly GA, I am extremely interested in getting permanent copies of your work in case GG's mirror site gets shut down as well, would you consider putting your work onto DVD's and selling or anything along that line? I assume you've considered making books yourself at some point down the line yes? Albert and Holding are getting desperate because the final nails in the coffin of Christianity are here and are being hammered in as we speak by an ever increasing army of people around the world. Of course many of them will still play defensive and refuse to consider the truth, but the political correct public perception of Christianity will fall as mainstream scholarship starts to become aware of the dishonesty that has been fed to the Christian public via biblical scholars, apologists and preachers.

Keep the faith :)

Well, you flatter me James, but the majority of the credit goes to Acharya herself, as it was her book CIE that pointed me in the direction of where to gather the primary sources used in those videos. Also, I don't think I would be able to sell them as DVDs since I used a lot of copyrighted material, even sans the Monty Python image, many of the screencaps I used were from copyrighted books. As long as they are brief and used for non-profit educational purposes, then that should be covered under fair use, but no, can't sell it. But no matter. But hey, I always accept freewill donations! : )
Yeah, I've considered a book, but the more I think about, the more I wonder how much I could really say that hasn't already been said by Acharya and other folks in the field. I think it is the fact that my format was in video form that was the appeal. Acharya doesn't make too many videos(understandable, she's a very busy person). In a manner of speaking, that's kinda what my series was, taking the primary sources from books such as hers and putting it into video format, so that people who prefer videos over books can see the material. I just didn't realize how tedious and time consuming making videos like that is, nor how much drama Youtube can bring. I've been thinking about maybe collecting all of the material I've gathered into a PDF document that is topical and searchable and contains just the bare primary sources(well, maybe a little bit of explanation). Similar to the Zeitgeist sourcebook, you might say. As for videos, I haven't decided what to do yet, but I'm leaning more and more towards just redoing them all with a different presentation style. I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm 

We all look forward to more videos. And building up an audience base again shouldn't be very hard at all. Get back in there and kick'em in the nuts harder than the first go around. :lol: The audience will quickly crowd around...

The Monty Python thing was a loose end, but now you know how they'll come at you. If it wasn't for that then I'm not sure they could have done anything to you. Come at them again with zero room for copyright problems and they may be at a loss to stop you the next go around.

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:14 pm 
Bast

Perhaps interesting and educational in creating as well as viewing is to tell about different religions and their content focusing on similarities to the church and their Christ. No mention of what is compared, just information that viewer can not avoid to see.

Anyway, if close to as interesting and funny as previous videos, it could be about whatever subject in the universe. Looking forward to any topic and path chosen. :D

Never place blame on man, because it happens to all. No matter how wise, a fool he becomes, when love steals his powers.

Hávamál

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

I need a replacement for all of the videos in the first two posts in the thread titled VIDEO: "Differences Outweigh the Similarities"

It's the GA series titled, Excuses to Christ mythology: "Differences outweigh the similarities!" 1 of 7 and Excuses to Christ Mythology-Splitting Hairs vs Syncretism 1 of 2.

It would be a great response to this person 'JonathanCR' and their recent comment in the blog ISIS IS A VIRGIN MOTHER!!!

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 am 

Well then in that case then Archarya deserves one hell of a lot of credit, that she doesn't seem to get outside of a small minority (I haven't actually read any of her books directly). After the original Zeitgeist came out I heard heaps of apologetic responses basically saying that it was baseless, and that all the sources for the pagan parallels post-dated Christianity, along with a bunch of other weak arguments, like the ones dealt with in the aforementioned videos. It was awesome to see these arguments dealt with, along with all the proper source references for them.

I look forward to having the video's become available again for a number of reasons, please let me know when they do. I also heavily look forward to future work from yours truly. Back to flattery mode again GA, seriously the standard of scholarship in many fields is very low, I would hope you keep at your work on a range of topics as you can seriously do something about it, along with making us laugh at the same time.

Question guys, do you ever feel that it's a bit futile arguing with Christians? I mean, I have been involved in many debates face-to-face, via telephone, email, forums etc, and Christians never admit it when they are proved wrong. In reality most people in general don't admit it when they are proved wrong, we all just seem to get defensive and make up whatever excuse to bypass the point. I have pinpointed amongst many different techniques used by Christian apologists the following 3 which are used quite frequently:

1) Simply assume that your audience does not understand the topic at hand, make long, complex, wordy arguments and then make a final conclusion which they can understand. In doing so they ultimately here:....Blah....blah...blah....blah....blah....Conclusion.
2) Similarly, assume that your audience are not careful readers or critical thinkers, start off with simple basic and accurate explanations of the phenomena or views of which you are attempting to debunk, then suddenly jump to the conclusion of which you aim to make, yet with no working to show how the conclusion was reached from the evidence.
3) Finally, assume that your audience will not ever take the time themselves to investigate the opposing position for themselves and will rely entirely upon your commentary of it, and simply pick a few lines from them here and there and speak for a while about it, implying your conclusion all the way and finally stating it outright.

Hari Om :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am 

That sounds about right. But it's only futile with certain people and even that can change. Twenty years ago I would have stood off with you and argued that the devil copied Christianity in any case where a pagan myth resembles the Christian in some way. I would have argued that the devil got there first (as Martyr did) as well as the devil coming in afterwards to try and copy the mystery of Jesus Christ. I was raised to believe that the devil came to the Americas and tried to trick the natives into thinking he was their Christ, hence the similarites to the Christ myth that the Europeans found when they arrived here...

They have people completely brainwashed with a variety of excuses for dismissing any similarities between the Christ myth and paganism. But I've managed to transcend the brainwashing and move forward. So has everyone else around here and abroad who were raised Christian and have sinced moved on. At one point in time it was futile for anyone to try and argue with me about the existence of God or the absolute truth of Christianity. But in arguing with atheists and the like I began to realize that our apologetics were unsound. And began to feel very uncomfortable with trying to stand behind these false claims made by apologists. Once I actually understood that what we arguing or wasn't really true to begin with, it took the wind out of my sails. And then I moved on and began looking into comparative mythology and religion...

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:42 pm 

JamesHiscox wrote:
Hey GG, great to see the Osiris to Christ series is back on air, any idea when you can get the rest of his videos back up (ie The NT was written in the 2nd Century, Excuses to Christ Mythology etc)? Secondly GA, I am extremely interested in getting permanent copies of your work in case GG's mirror site gets shut down as well, would you consider putting your work onto DVD's and selling or anything along that line? I assume you've considered making books yourself at some point down the line yes? Albert and Holding are getting desperate because the final nails in the coffin of Christianity are here and are being hammered in as we speak by an ever increasing army of people around the world. Of course many of them will still play defensive and refuse to consider the truth, but the political correct public perception of Christianity will fall as mainstream scholarship starts to become aware of the dishonesty that has been fed to the Christian public via biblical scholars, apologists and preachers.

Keep the faith :)

just in case you didn't notice I uploaded part 7 & 8 but i had to chop'em up into 15min sections due to restrictions :/. oh well... give me a day or so tho & i'll upload the whole 8 part series to a site that can't be touched by Albert & who ever else... that's the problem with youtube & other sites like wordpress, blogspot, facebook, ect. the people who run those hub sites sort of have free rein over it. thus censorship becomes a huge problem. the only way around that is to have your own site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:12 am 

Here is an email I sent to Monty Python. No reply...

I understand that the Python Office has forced an independent religious commentator who goes by the name GodAlmighty to remove a large series of excellent and informative videos from YouTube because of his use of the Monty Python image of Karl Marx as God. It appears this decision was instigated by hostile fundamentalist bigots. Your attack on religious freedom, even if legally valid, is deplorable, mean spirited and against your own interests. GodAlmighty's use of the image is entirely fair use and within the spirit of the original use of the image by Monty Python.

I and many others would be grateful if you could reverse this decision which casts Monty Python in a very negative light.

Please email me a response. Thank you.

Robert Tulip

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:24 am 

LOL. Thanks for the support. But do keep in mind that this might have been a false flagging by someone who isn't actually from the Python office.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:45 pm 

Robert Tulip wrote:
Here is an email I sent to Monty Python. No reply...

I understand that the Python Office has forced an independent religious commentator who goes by the name GodAlmighty to remove a large series of excellent and informative videos from YouTube because of his use of the Monty Python image of Karl Marx as God. It appears this decision was instigated by hostile fundamentalist bigots. Your attack on religious freedom, even if legally valid, is deplorable, mean spirited and against your own interests. GodAlmighty's use of the image is entirely fair use and within the spirit of the original use of the image by Monty Python.

I and many others would be grateful if you could reverse this decision which casts Monty Python in a very negative light.

Please email me a response. Thank you.

Robert Tulip

I'm telling ya guys it's not the picture. no claims on youtube even now for any of those pictures on the videos i uploaded. sure they could've done that but really, come on, they wouldn't do that they'd just have youtube mark it as copyright, it's just easier that way. Alberts attempt to shift any blame to that is a pathetic excuse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:50 pm 
Hercules

Hmmm... it appears Al has taken down his initial response- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnVFd98dyvw.
He did so with a suspicious amount of silence. One has to wonder if he caught some of his own errors and took it down before anyone else called him on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

So youtube removed the account of 'GalinorGustave' but all those videos he re-posted for 'GodAmighty' are surprisingly still up. However, we still need these replaced:

Excuses to Christ Mythology-Splitting Hairs vs Syncretism 1 & 2

Excuses to Christ mythology: "Differences outweigh the similarities!" 1 through 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:58 pm 

Well, for f**k's sake! But he posted those videos on his backup channel, GalinorGustave2. I'll upload those other videos you asked for to someplace like rapidshare or something by tomorrow, and get Galinor to host those as well so you can link them here as you wished.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 pm 

Wait, I just went to his channel link, and it's still there. ???

http://www.youtube.com/galinorgustave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Ahh, well that's good then. Weird, I just checked that this morning and youtube showed the page that said the users account was removed. I must have made a mistake and went to someone else's page but, hard to tell since they don't give the name of the account. I just went through all those videos to see which ones were removed and they all seem to be fine so, it must've been a mistake on my part.

It would be sweet to have all those videos safely stored elsewhere like rapidshare or something. They were too good to just let go. Maybe even an opportunity to make a few necessary adjustments to fix any errors either real or perceived, or needed re-phrasing to make parts "idiot proof" or ... Albert proof. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next