Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:17 pm
Posts: 2273
Location: Everywhere
It's really that bad GA. The last video posted on this thread is nothing but Albert's inner dialogue as he tries to convince himself that the ancients cared about the first day of the winter solstice but basically couldn't care less about the day after the three day solstice. Therefore all of this December 25th stuff is throw away. It's pretty ridiculous overall. Oh yeah Albert, ancient agricultural societies didn't give two shits about the morning the sun rose one degree to the north marking the move towards spring growth and warmer weather. They never even noticed... :roll:



He starts ranting about Acharya and GA's "fan boys" and I assume he's addressing the wild pack of pitbull's we have commenting here and elsewhere (youtube) which have rattled him so... I think it's more than obvious that either Albert or one of his "fanny boys" is responsible for the Monty Python trouble. He really was the first person to make a public issue out of the image from the Holy Grail. They're grasping at straws to do any and everything they can to quiet down your speaking platform. You must have reached a pretty wide audience by this point too, hence the trouble now coming to a boil.

_________________
The Jesus Mythicist Creed:
The "Jesus Christ" of the New Testament is a fictional composite of characters, real and mythical. A composite of multiple "people" is no one.

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 4525
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Wow, I didn't realize that it was possible to screw things up as badly as labarum312 has done with his "Why I Don't Take Zeitgeist Supporters Seriously" series. He's either completely ignorant or getting things way, WAY wrong on purpose. Video 6 is especially worse than wrong and innocent viewers of that crap need to be made aware of just how bad his video series really is.

* In video 6 labarum312 /Albert starts off trying to make the case that the creation of the new Sourcebook with updated sources is somehow "historical revisionism." labarum312 claims that "Acharya is trying to re-write history" and accuses Acharya of contradicting what she said in her previous books published before ZG1. Of course, these are all false. The Sourcebook was created for several reasons, one of which was due to the fact that critics whined so much about some of the original sources for a variety of reasons. So, Acharya said, no problem, and provided many modern and highly respected and credentialed sources as was necessary. In fact, it's all spelled out in the part 1 preface of the Sourcebook.
Quote:
"...This effort includes much new source material drawn from primary sources as well the works from credentialed authorities in a variety of relevant subjects. Indeed, I have strived to include the best and most thorough, scholarly and modern sources wherever possible, with the result that many authorities cited here possess credentials from respected institutes of higher learning, and their publishers are some of the most scholarly in English (and other languages), such as:

E.J. Brill
Peeters
Kegan Paul
Oxford University/Clarendon Press
Princeton University Press
Cambridge University Press
Cornell University Press
Yale University Press
University of Chicago Press
University of Pennsylvania Press
University of Wisconsin Press
Johns Hopkins Press
Harcourt, Brace & Co.
MacMillan & Co., etc.

This Sourcebook thus provides relevant primary-source material and citations from respectable and credentialed authorities, along with germane images to support the first part of ZG’s contentions. There are over 150 sources cited in this Sourcebook, in nearly 350 footnotes...."

- Acharya S, Preface for The ZEITGEIST Sourcebook Part 1: The Greatest Story Ever Told

(Those who really know what academia is will recognize the list above as the best of the best and most highly respected institutes of higher learning. Hand-waving dismissals will not suffice)

There is no "historical revisionism," whatsoever, rather, clarification and loads of high quality sources that substantiate not only ZG1 and Acharya, but also, the original sources as well. Isn't that what people like labarum312 were crying for? Now, of course, they complain about the new sources just to claim "historical revisionism." It's dishonest and despicable.

* Then, at 4 minutes labarum312 proves to us that he's still confused by calendars. He can't seem to grasp the concept that the winter solstice is the winter solstice regardless of calendar dates. He's constantly confused on complex calendars rather than focusing on the natural phenomena of the solstice itself. It's as if he thinks inaccurate man-made calendars were created first then the winter solstice afterward.

* At 6 minutes he tries to claim that because the Egyptian calendar wandered, Horus' birthday must not have been celebrated at the winter solstice. He tries to claim that the "January 6th date didn't occur in Egypt until the later 3rd century" CE and that the "Dec 25th date didn't occur in Egypt until the 4th century" CE. He tries to claim that the association of these calendar dates with the winter solstice are wrong because they're "based on anachronistic uses of the Gregorian calendar."

It's just ridiculous, this guy is either nuts or just making a special effort to distort the facts. He needs to get out more.

* At 8 minutes labarum312 tries to argue that there's no such thing as a fixed winter solstice followed by three days (Yep, it's clear he's going off the deep end trying to make another utterly fallacious argument here). He claims it's all due to the "slippage of the calendar" not a natural phenomena "constant," claiming therefore, that "their entire argument is bogus."

Nevermind the fact that for years scholars have referred to this 3 day period where the god is symbolically dead in a cave or tomb and then resurrected as a "triduum," which is discussed in 'Christ in Egypt.' labarum312 has that book but apparently skipped that part since it is inconvenient to his case.

* At 19 minutes labarum312 tries to argue that ZG1, Acharya and her sources such as Gerald Massey all originally claimed that Horus was nailed to a cross and crucified between two thieves in the same way Jesus was and have since ZG1 "debunkings" changed their position and made up something new.

It should be a red flag to anyone who's paying attention to the fact that labarum312 made no attempt to provide even a single quote by ZG1, Massey or Acharya claiming that Horus was nailed to a cross and crucified between two thieves exactly the same way Jesus was. That's because that's not what they said. It certainly is what some people assumed they were saying but, that's why Acharya clarified it in 'Christ in Egypt' in a 30 page chapter entitled, "Was Horus "Crucified?"

Was Horus "Crucified?" (an excerpt)

Who Is Gerald Massey? (an excerpt)

What really stands out to me is that people like labarum312/Albert make no effort to understand Acharya's work, her sources or ZG1; rather, they go way out of their way to MIS-understand it. Attempting to be objective and understand what's really being said seems to be a position of last resort. I can almost hear them scream something like "I'll understand it over my dead body" type of thing. They're perfectly fine with making blogs and videos lying about ZG1 and maliciously smearing Acharya but, to make an effort to understand what ZG1 and Acharya's work is really about is just too much to ask.

Image

_________________
2013 Astrotheology Calendar
The Mythicist Position
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:28 am 
Offline
Dionysus

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 280
Hey guy's looks like GalinorGustave is actually mirroring his videos and posting them up on a separate video:



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 am 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 am
Posts: 6
Location: St Louis
GodAlmighty wrote:
Well... it appears I procrastinated for too long about getting someone to design an original image for the god face in my videos(Johnson1010 of Booktalk.org has been working on a design for me, though it is still unfinished last I heard from him).

Somehow, the Python Office was made aware of my usage of their image in several of my videos. I don't know if this was the real deal or one of those false flagging type of things, either way, apparently Youtube has found it to be just cause for termination.(I had already gotten one strike some months back for trying to upload Religulous when testing out the new no-timelimit privilege)

*sigh*

How does the expression go, 'when it rains, it pours', as I recall? I really don't need this right now. Ya know, I don't believe in a god(other than myself), but it's times like these that I start to wonder if there's a devil.

And it's weird, you'd think my channel was small enough to still fly under the radar, which is what leads me to suspect it was definitely a butthurt troll who either tipped off TPTB or false flagged or something. Perhaps even one of Al's subscribers, as he was one of the few people I recall who ever acknowledged the Monty Python reference.
But in the end, I guess I only have myself to blame for being careless enough to use the image in the first place and then waiting so long to get someone to make a replacement. So now I gotta go back and re-edit and re-upload and rebuild up my subscriber base, on top of everything else I had wanted to do. This really sucks. I'm going to take a break and rethink the direction I want to take with video making and such.


I took the liberty of reposting your videos, I only have the from Osiris to Christ series & it won't let me upload anything longer than 15mins so I couldn't upload part 7 & 8.

Here they are. enjoy...

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 6 Is this not the carpenter's son
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNL6vK1t6U

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 5 and his name shall be called....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtZCQj2PbM

Appendix to Episode 4 - and the government shall be upon his shoulder....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtZCQj2PbM

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 4 and the government shall be upon his shoulder....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AuEpBeTCTw

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 3 unto us a son is given....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXG2Sv8OA1k

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 2 Unto us a child is born....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDgxiwg17Pk

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 1 An Introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eetLnLgrDko

Sorry that guy had to resort to such a childish tactic, but hey that means you won the debate.

_________________
We know our doom, but not the hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 am
Posts: 550
Thanks, and welcome to the forum GG!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am 
Offline
Hercules
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 56
Location: Vaikunta
Voice of Reason wrote:
About fifteen paragraphs I had to stop reading because of the headache that is ensuing, fifteen paragraphs of nothing but strawman arguments that are also very deliberate. In other words, holding is lying through his teeth in the first fifteen paragraphs.



Indeed. And here is just one shining example.

He states "Murdock's next argument is that "Isis is a later form of Neith" and she appeals again to 19th century works for a proof. One of these, Egypt's Place in Universal History, is said to have a section titled "Isis as Neith" but the page reference Murdock offers (418-19) contains no such section; it is merely a list of words with corresponding hieroglyphs. Word searches (the text is available via Google books) also reveal no such section."

Uhhh... Egypt's Place in Universal History on Google Books, pg. 418-419:

Image


So... there definitely IS such a section on these pages, just like Acharya said, and a word search definitely DOES reveal it. And... it definitely DOES give support for the identification of Neith with Isis.

But... where exactly... is this list of words with corresponding hieroglyphs that Holding claimed was on these pages in place of this section he claimed was not there?

It is in VOLUME FIVE, that's where. If only he would take the time and effort to more thoroughly check citations rather than letting confirmation bias blind him to evidence that contradicts his bias, then he wouldn't make such an ass... no... wait... it's Holding we're talking about, so yeah, he probably would still make an ass of him self.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 4525
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Just another day in the office for JP Holding - this is just what he does. Thing is, of course, it absolutely destroys his credibility because THE ONLY qualification he has is a masters in library science. JP himself claims to be an expert in looking things up:
Quote:
Q. "What are your credentials?"

A. "I have a Masters' Degree in Library Science. What the runs down to is, I'm an expert at looking things up and answering questions"
- JP Holding

Shattering Holding's Anti-Mythicist book

Another thing that makes this particular issue worse for JP is the fact that this information about Neith and Isis is easy to find as many scholars discuss and write about it.

_________________
2013 Astrotheology Calendar
The Mythicist Position
Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection
Stellar House Publishing at Youtube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:17 pm
Posts: 2273
Location: Everywhere
Welcome aboard GG. Another pitbull to add to the ranks. :lol:

Great job and keep up the fight. I think you're exactly right about the apologists (or apologist / Albert) having to resort to flagging because the bottom line is that GA can't be refuted. It's a matter of solid scholarship. And Albert is really nothing more than another JP Holding type to add to the list...

_________________
The Jesus Mythicist Creed:
The "Jesus Christ" of the New Testament is a fictional composite of characters, real and mythical. A composite of multiple "people" is no one.

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 am
Posts: 6
Location: St Louis
GodAlmighty wrote:
Thanks, and welcome to the forum GG!


No prob. I've decided to cut up part 7 & 8 into 15min chunks, then I'll upload the parts together as well.

_________________
We know our doom, but not the hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 pm 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 am
Posts: 6
Location: St Louis
Well that didn't take long did it? I cut up parts 7 & 8 into 15min chunks, enjoy. Oh & thanks for the welcoming, glad to be here :)

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 6 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_IyifSfEM
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 5 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoVg3yB_l8
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 4 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-x4Sb6-VpM
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 3 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV_T9n5M2-M
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 2 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6UUA7pwbJ8
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 8 Cursed be the day wherein I was born (part 1 of 6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiEK4fy1Luw

From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 7 Who is my mother? (part 2 of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSrj8UW7Q1A
From Osiris to Christ - Ep. 7 Who is my mother? (part 1 of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYWMsnshKwY

_________________
We know our doom, but not the hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:27 am 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:23 am
Posts: 1
GodAlmighty wrote:
Well... it appears I procrastinated for too long about getting someone to design an original image for the god face in my videos(Johnson1010 of Booktalk.org has been working on a design for me, though it is still unfinished last I heard from him).

Somehow, the Python Office was made aware of my usage of their image in several of my videos. I don't know if this was the real deal or one of those false flagging type of things, either way, apparently Youtube has found it to be just cause for termination.(I had already gotten one strike some months back for trying to upload Religulous when testing out the new no-timelimit privilege)

*sigh*

How does the expression go, 'when it rains, it pours', as I recall? I really don't need this right now. Ya know, I don't believe in a god(other than myself), but it's times like these that I start to wonder if there's a devil.

And it's weird, you'd think my channel was small enough to still fly under the radar, which is what leads me to suspect it was definitely a butthurt troll who either tipped off TPTB or false flagged or something. Perhaps even one of Al's subscribers, as he was one of the few people I recall who ever acknowledged the Monty Python reference.
But in the end, I guess I only have myself to blame for being careless enough to use the image in the first place and then waiting so long to get someone to make a replacement. So now I gotta go back and re-edit and re-upload and rebuild up my subscriber base, on top of everything else I had wanted to do. This really sucks. I'm going to take a break and rethink the direction I want to take with video making and such.

I'm surprised I'm just hearing about this now.
Signed up just to say that :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:46 am 
Offline
Dionysus

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 280
Voice of Reason wrote:
Hey guy's looks like GalinorGustave is actually mirroring his videos and posting them up on a separate video:





Looks like Labarum312, did a video response.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 am
Posts: 550
Yeah, I saw that, but it has taken on a life of its own now as that video was not really about me. Meh, oh well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 pm 
Offline
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 am
Posts: 6
Location: St Louis
just ignore his response, he completely misunderstood what i was trying to say & took my personal speculation as some kind of attack on his character. i told him to just calm down & let it go...

_________________
We know our doom, but not the hour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 am
Posts: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Hey GG, great to see the Osiris to Christ series is back on air, any idea when you can get the rest of his videos back up (ie The NT was written in the 2nd Century, Excuses to Christ Mythology etc)? Secondly GA, I am extremely interested in getting permanent copies of your work in case GG's mirror site gets shut down as well, would you consider putting your work onto DVD's and selling or anything along that line? I assume you've considered making books yourself at some point down the line yes? Albert and Holding are getting desperate because the final nails in the coffin of Christianity are here and are being hammered in as we speak by an ever increasing army of people around the world. Of course many of them will still play defensive and refuse to consider the truth, but the political correct public perception of Christianity will fall as mainstream scholarship starts to become aware of the dishonesty that has been fed to the Christian public via biblical scholars, apologists and preachers.

Keep the faith :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group