Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:59 pm 

The vote has been won and the forum is being set up right now:

http://www.booktalk.org/christ-in-egypt ... -f180.html

Thanks to all who came and helped vote it in. Now that it's up for discussion we still need to ask participation from everyone as we discuss the book on a chapter by chapter basis. :wink:

The celestial Origins of Religious Belief
ZG Part 1
Jesus: Hebrew Human or Mythical Messiah?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm 
Bast

GREAT! I am glad for this. When does the debate start Tat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

That's good news.

For what it's worth, I'd like to put in a request for people to vote for the review of CIE by Dr. Robet Price at Amazon to get it up top in pole position.

Also, Amazon currently says on its website that the book "Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks," which is NOT true. It's some sort of word glitch on Amazon that they've not fixed yet. Acharya's books should arrive within 7 to 10 days because they're 'print on demand' (POD). If that is still a concern for anyone simply go through Acharya's own website.

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 pm 

Star Burst wrote:

Whenever someone brings it Stahr.. I mean, Star Burst.

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 pm 

Hey FTL, when the discussion starts up we'll all need to follow along pretty closely and contribute. I've been telling Chris that allowing us this spot on the site should increase views and membership there. Chris is very secular atheist and isn't really interested in this, but, I'm sure he'll be following the back and forth if there is apologetic debate and observing the outcome, which, could change his perceptions in the end. Who knows? We'll just have to get rolling and see what happens...

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:03 am 
Bast

Tat Tvam Asi wrote:
Star Burst wrote:

Whenever someone brings it Stahr.. I mean, Star Burst.

Oh! No you did'nt! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, guys!

I'm now registered. Let me know if you need me to jump in and clarify something.

I really appreciate your efforts.

Robert, you're doing a great job. That Al Sylvester person has been pestering me for YEARS about alchemy, although I've politely told him I'm not interested. He calls up my radio shows and chimes in about it as well.

Argh. Not exactly how I'd hope the discussion would start off.

Thanks again for doing that - and for appreciating all the great stuff I've dug up and put together.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 pm 
Bast

Well we campaigned pretty hard for ya over there..... I am glad they decided to go with it. I do not have that one I thought I did but I have the Christ Conspiracy and Sons of God kind of between jobs right now and cannot afford to buy CiE so any questions I have will have to come from what there is of it on the site....but I will definitely get in on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 am 

Acharya wrote:
Thank you, guys!
I'm now registered. Let me know if you need me to jump in and clarify something.
I really appreciate your efforts.
Robert, you're doing a great job. That Al Sylvester person has been pestering me for YEARS about alchemy, although I've politely told him I'm not interested. He calls up my radio shows and chimes in about it as well.
Argh. Not exactly how I'd hope the discussion would start off.
Thanks again for doing that - and for appreciating all the great stuff I've dug up and put together.

Acharya, it would be great if you could post at Booktalk. It would really lift the discussion as most authors regard conversation at booktalk as beneath them. I have summarized the Introduction to Christ in Egypt at http://www.booktalk.org/topic11003.html and made introductory remarks at http://www.booktalk.org/topic11000.html. There is a lot of material for expansion on the scholarship, and we can ignore the riffraff.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 am 

Hey Acharya. Yeah, we've just outlined the introduction (with provided quotes from the book Star Burst :wink: ) and it would be nice if you could come in and get things started off by introducing yourself and adding any comments that you may have: http://www.booktalk.org/post93774.html

ZG Part 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 am 
Bast

Tat Tvam Asi wrote:
Hey Acharya. Yeah, we've just outlined the introduction (with provided quotes from the book Star Burst :wink: ) and it would be nice if you could come in and get things started off by introducing yourself and adding any comments that you may have: http://www.booktalk.org/post93774.html

I know, I know, I gotta get the book. I will see what I can do about that though you may well be deep into the discussion before it happens......I have a few specific questions for Acharya myself that hope she can clear up....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Star Burst, keep in mind that Acharya's books are available on Kindle, which one can now download instantly, to read on your computer, Mac or Kindle reader or many other applications, such as iPhone, iPod, iPad Blackberry and Android! Kindle texts can be read without a Kindle device - including Windows Phone 7 too.

Here's a link for Kindle products at Stellar House Publishing.

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 pm 
Bast

Thanks FT I did not know that! I downloaded the Kindle app for PC going to order the CiE First thing Monday! Cannot wait! Been wanting that one for a long time!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

You got it, Tat. As you know, I've never been one of the snooty types. My work is not about ego gratification, pretentiousness and ostentation of intelligence or erudition. I love the material I find and put together, and I want to share it with everyone! Right now, I'm scrutinizing the "Evidence of an Ancient Global Civilization?" chapter for the Christ Con revision - tracing the origins of religious ideation back through time and trying to fit it into fascinating archaeological ruins is unquestionably my favorite subject matter. I'm adding skeptical commentary but not closing the door, because the linguistic and mythological evidence keeps calling me like a siren song. I can't wait to share all this goodness.

Starburst, when you are ready, please post the questions on the BookTalk site, so I can answer them there, if they are relevant to the topic at hand.