All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Archaeoastronomy in the USA: "Old News" DVD

archaeoastronomy

Quote:
Crack Cave's equinox dawn discovery

"Ogham inscriptions were found in June 1984 on the wall of a crevasse in a southeastern Colorado sandstone bluff. Their decipherment led investigators to return for the autumnal equinox to observe the key petroglyph's pinpoint illumination as the sun rose in the east. This video commemorates the 23rd anniversary of the first, modern-day, equinox dawn observation."

VIDEO: Crack Cave's equinox dawn discovery

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

The Politics of Archaeoastronomy: How Wikipedia's Archaeoastronomy Article was Hijacked

"Having authored new introductory and history segments early in 2008 for Wikipedia's archaeoastronomy article, I faced off with two academic collaborators in the early spring shortly after they deleted every sentence I had written. Determined to rewrite the article top-to-bottom attempting to restore the Good Article status revoked 6 months earlier on their watch, they soon revealed their agenda to achieve the online encyclopedia's top-drawer designation, Featured Article status. Yet their intolerance for article contributions deviating from their rigid beliefs led to several nasty edit wars, each and every one of which I ultimately lost, being out-numbered 2-to-1 and defiant in the face of their unyielding defense of the indefensible. When I persisted with rational arguments to get a word --- any word --- in edgewise, they locked me out of the article they had come to covet as their own. They appealed for administrative consensus to permanently ban my contributions to their article and achieved this objective on April 27. One sympathetic and newly-minted sysop in particular led the charge. The goal was to affirm archaeology's infallibility to run roughshod over archaeoastronomy is not, can not and shall never be challenged, although respected news media and some within the field acknowledge archaeology as ill-equipped and biased, even blinded by its pervasive institutional dogma (see Part 3. sanctifying archaeology).

I am rebutting with at least two short videos on The Politics of Archaeoastronomy. Here's the first, released in early May as both a video podcast on iTunes and among a series of other features on YouTube:

Politics of Archaeoastronomy, part 1

PLEASE VIEW THE VIDEOS & READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
http://archaeoastronomy.com/wiki_comment.html

:evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:32 am 

Here is an article on Wikipedia editorial methods.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/wikiworld.html

Quote:
Wikipedia seemed to be in the hands of a group of sceptical minds, intent on making sure there were no mysteries and no conspiracies. Indeed, when you consult a variety of subjects on Wikipedia, you will notice a certain "mindset" that excludes certain opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

KS archaeoastronomy matches unorthodox finds in CO & OK

"twin equinox solar alignments in central Kansas caves with Celtic Ogham letters G-R-N (SUN) plus a Lughnasad sunset alignment validate what's already been found in SE Colorado and the Oklahoma panhandle"

Crack Cave's equinox dawn discovery

"Summer Solstice at Compass Cave"

Creator of the "Old News" documentary youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/kscottm

I own this DVD and very highly recommend it.

Conference on Archaeoastronomy of the American Southwest