Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

Post subject: Circumcision is Evil
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Interested parties may wish to read my blog entry "Circumcision is Evil," which has stirred up a bit of debate here and there around the net. Particularly edifying are the comments (and my responses, I hope!).

If you google "circumcision evil" or "circumcision is evil," my essay comes up no. 1 out of 1,500,000 returns...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:36 am 
Hermes

It is kinda bizarre when you think of it. Why would all these years of evolution create something that was unnecessary? ...........and it would have to be removed to be closer to "God"????

What could possibly be the real reason for it other than it reminds of a mushroom used to get "high"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Now, that's an interesting thought. Except the uncut penis doesn't look like a mushroom... It's quite possible that it originally happened by accident or by birth deformity, and certain behavioral changes were noted, such as pacifism or other than would be traceable to the part of the brain affected. There's one thing that makes the work of my friend Dr. James Prescott so important.

lux wrote:
It is kinda bizarre when you think of it. Why would all these years of evolution create something that was unnecessary? ...........and it would have to be removed to be closer to "God"????

What could possibly be the real reason for it other than it reminds of a mushroom used to get "high"?

Post subject: Sliced flesh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 am 
Apollo

Greetings. First post and thought I'd share a link related to something that has long bothered me everytime I stand over a urinal - circumcision. One of the best pieces of research I have been able to find is Kurt Johmann's work at:

http://www.johmann.net/essays/psycholog ... ision.html

Here is the introductory first couple of paragraphs from Johmann's essay, The Psychological Harm of Male Circumcision:

When a young male of any age is sexually mutilated (circumcised) against his will, physical harm is done to his body and psychological harm is done to his mind. And just as the physical harm will remain with him for the rest of his life, so does the psychological harm. As other writers have suggested, the destructive assault on a young male's penis by a sexual mutilator is a great trauma for that male victim, and the consequences of this destructive assault are independent of whatever rationalizations or justifications were in the minds of that sexual mutilator and his accomplices as he performed his criminal assault.[1] As psychologist Ronald Goldman says:

If I forcefully cut off one of your healthy fingers, my reason would make no difference to you, even if I sincerely believed that amputating your finger was for your own good. Your experience of the event would be the same—pain, shock, horror. In the case of circumcision, what we are doing to the infant is cutting off a part of his penis. No explanations can change that fact. Our reasons, whether they involve religious belief, cultural conformity, or pleasing a relative, may make us feel better, but they make no difference to the infant.[2]

In my earlier writings on this circumcision subject (see my American Culture and Monotheism, Imperialism, and Genital Mutilation articles), I focus primarily on the sexual damage that male circumcision causes, and the reason why America, the world’s largest empire, is also a very prolific sexual mutilator (at the time I am writing this, roughly three-fourths of the adult American males who were born in America and are alive today, are sexually mutilated). And as I have already stated in these earlier writings, I myself am an American man who was sexually mutilated as an infant, as were roughly 70% of the other American males who were born at that time (I was born in 1955, and am 47 years old as I write this). As a complement to these earlier articles, in this essay I focus primarily on the psychological damage that male circumcision causes, with additional discussion of the sexual damage.

If you give birth to a baby boy perhaps you should consider leaving him alone and unscathed. Do doctors get a kickback for every male circumcision they perform? I don't know but certainly seems to be the case in America where everything is big except, you know what.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 pm 
Apollo

Rabbi Discovers Boy Incorrectly Circumcised when Piercing Boy's Phallus; Orders the Boy to Be Recircumcised

(Honest Media Today) Oct. 6, 2006 In an instance illustrating how truly bizarre and depraved the Jewish religion is, a child was ordered to be re-circumcised just days prior to his bar mitzvah.

The boy's phallus was discovered not to have been properly circumcised when, according to the Australian Sydney Morning Herald, Rabbi Moshe Gutnick noted that he had "prepared to take a drop of blood from the boy's penis to symbolize his Orthodox conversion."

In this bizarre custom of bar mitzvah, it is believed that Jews then use this drop of blood from the boy's phallus in their religious rites, mixing it with wine, and then drinking it.

The boy's mother had been a convert to Judaism, and had had the boy ritually mutilated at a hospital under a rabbi's supervision; however, that was not deemed enough.

"It's not a good thing to say, but those people have gone mad on their power," said the intended victim's mother. She also noted that they felt "hurtful" when told that her son wasn't truly Jewish.

What is it with Judaism? Is it by circumcision that the brutality of the world is made more urgent in the child's life reinforcing this Jewish belief the "world is out to get them?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:40 am 
Hercules

Quote:
Now, that's an interesting thought. Except the uncut penis doesn't look like a mushroom...

now i dont subsribe to the idea that circumscision is about looking like mushrooms, but uhm:

and yes, that one is most certainly psychedelic (P. cubensis)

also there is the amanita muscria mushroom, wich is synonimous with jesus, wich is the sun wich is often depicted as the sky god's penis.

a post off the GM forums:

Quote:
While listening to and watching Pharmacratic Inquistion, it occured to me that there is a similarity between a certain stage in the development of the Amanita muscaria and a circumcised penis. It occured to me that somehow circumcision might have begun as a symbol of the mushroom and its use. Digging further, I came across Steve Kubby's article Mushrooms From Heaven http://www.bluehoney.org/Manna.htm in which he associates circumcision with the Psilocybe mushroom which he feels was manna that saved the children of Israel from starving while they were in the wilderness under the leadership of Moses. I agree with symbology part but the problem is that the Covanant between God and the Israelites, requiring circumcision and mentioned by Kubby, goes back several hundred years prior to that, to the time of Abraham. We also know that circumcision was practiced by the Egyptians and the Dogon tribe even prior to the time of Abraham.

that post spawned some 18 pages:

http://www.gnosticmedia.com/communion/v ... cumscision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:09 am 
Hermes

I don't think that "Psilocybe mushroom which he feels was manna that saved the children of Israel from starving while they were in the wilderness under the leadership of Moses." is to be taken literally. It most likely means that the used the mushrooms to get out of their bodies and see the spiritual side of life. Circumcision is probably a secret or hidden way to honor the psychedelic mushroom. If this is not the case what in world did they do it for????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:22 am 
Hercules

both psilocybe and amanita are quite capable of acting as a stimulant and hunger spurpressant in the proper dosage.

the manita is most likely responsible for fueling the norsh 'breserkers'

also 'looks like' is not anywhere near as significnt as actual symbolic meanings.

every mushrooms essentialy IS a penis before the cap opens up.

as for the why, well just look at the controll the church's get over people
from the point of being a baby.
once ue circmscised u are a part of that cutlture and fully accepted,
wheras in any other culture ud just be a dude with a mutilated penis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:19 pm 
Bast

Video: Circumcision is Bullshit

-Includes instructions for how to grow it back (non-surgical procedure).

More people need to be aware of and enforce the law about this being unnecessary surgery. People can sue the doctors for this in the USA. I believe someone has won a 1 million dollar settlement! There may be an age limitation to being able to sue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:48 pm 
Thor

madthumbs wrote:
Video: Circumcision is Bullshit

-Includes instructions for how to grow it back (non-surgical procedure).

More people need to be aware of and enforce the law about this being unnecessary surgery. People can sue the doctors for this in the USA. I believe someone has won a 1 million dollar settlement! There may be an age limitation to being able to sue.

Hey MadThumbs it's Yashua.

if you belonged to a "Spirit Filled, Tongue talking congregation" all they would have to do is "Lay Hands" on it! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:12 pm 
Bast

Hiya Yashua :)

I attended one of those "Spirit Filled, Tongue talking congregations" 2-3 times a week for ~1 year. Never saw a damned thing that convinced me, but heard many amazing stories from people that acted like they were high on some drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Evangelicals Wade Into Circumcision Debate

"(RNS) The National Association of Evangelicals is siding with Jews and Muslims in opposition of a proposed ban on infant male circumcision in San Francisco.

"Jews, Muslims, and Christians all trace our spiritual heritage back to Abraham. Biblical circumcision begins with Abraham," NAE President Leith Anderson said in a statement. "No American government should restrict this historic tradition. Essential religious liberties are at stake."

The proposed ban, which does not include a religious exemption, would prevent circumcision of male children in San Francisco. If passed, circumcisions would be considered a misdemeanor that could carry a fine of up to $1,000 or a year in jail....."

Male and female circumcision is merely genital mutilation for religious reasons. There should be a nation wide ban on circumcision on babies. If a person still wants to be circumcised for religious or other reasons they should be allowed to do it THEMSELVES when they're 18.

So what happened to speaking out for babies, giving them a voice since they can't speak for themselves? The anti-abortionists should be jumping up and down on this one since they claim to be all about protecting innocent babies who obviously can't speak for themselves but nope, not a peep. In fact, we have quite the opposite as the evangelicals support circumcision against all evidence, facts, health and safety of the child because the anti-abortionists really couldn't care less about people after they're born.

Here are several great resources. One should be able to find about anything they need from here on the topic of circumcision...

Ritual Circumcision - "Circumcision is the first commandment given by God to Abraham, the first Jew, and is central to Judaism.

"This is My covenant that you shall observe between Me and you and your children after you, to circumcise your every male. You shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall become the sign of a covenant between Me and you"
Genesis 17:10-11

"And on the 8th day he shall have his foreskin circumcised" (Leviticus 12:3)
http://www.circumcision.net

"Circumcision is the most commonly performed surgical procedure in the United States today."

- Does this mean that the penis is NOT an intelligent design on Gods part? Outside of the US in many Islamic countries, It is the mutilation of the female that is rampant.
Quote:
What you need to know...

* No national or international medical association recommends routine circumcision.
* Only the USA circumcises the majority of newborn boys without medical or religious reason.
* Circumcision began during the 1800s to prevent masturbation, which was believed to cause disease.
* Today's parents are learning that the foreskin is a normal, protective, functioning organ.
* Today's parents realize circumcision has risks and is unnecessary.
* Circumcision denies a male's right to genital integrity and choice for his own body.

- The MYTHS of Circumcision

Quote:
Key facts:

* Female genital mutilation (FGM) includes procedures that intentionally alter or injure female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
* The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women.
* Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later, potential childbirth complications and newborn deaths.
* An estimated 100 to 140 million girls and women worldwide are currently living with the consequences of FGM.
* It is mostly carried out on young girls sometime between infancy and age 15 years.
* In Africa an estimated 92 million girls from 10 years of age and above have undergone FGM.
* FGM is internationally recognized as a violation of the human rights of girls and women.

- Female Genital Mutilation

Quote:
"The grieving family of a tragic Queens toddler are blasting doctors at Beth Israel Hospital in Manhattan -- accusing them of botching a simple circumcision that led to the boy's sudden death.

Jamaal Coleson Jr. died Tuesday, about 10 hours after what was supposed to be a routine procedure, according to his uncle Jabbar Coleson, 23.

Coleson said the hospital was supposed to give his nephew a local analgesic, but instead administered a general.

The boy, who would have turned 2 next month, "Woke up and laughed and called for his mother and then went critical.

- May 6, 2011 Tot's shock hosp death

National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Center
Attorneys for the Rights of the Child
Circumcision Information Resource Pages
Doctors Opposing Circumcision
Mothers Against Circumcision
Circumcision Resource Center
Circumcision video - warning for timid viewers
Circumcision is Evil

Stellar House Publishing at Youtube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:24 pm 
Bast

Jewsus upholds circumcision law:

Quote:
Matthew 5:17 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jewsus wants us to oral Mohel:

Quote:
John 6:53 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

How is Jewsus' flesh regenerated for us?

Quote:
Matthew 10:40 40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 am 
Apollo

Quote:
Includes instructions for how to grow it back (non-surgical procedure).

Grow it back?! Awe man, this should be the biggest news since the decision was made by the foreskinners to start this atrocity from the beginning!

Quote:
...if you belonged to a "Spirit Filled, Tongue talking congregation" all they would have to do is "Lay Hands" on it!

Hey, if it means growing it back, by all means, lay on the hands! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 am 
Zeus

I could make a joke about circumcision being 'no skin off my nose', but that would be wholly inappropriate.