Freethought Nation

presented by Acharya S and TruthBeKnown.com, online since 1995

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

hello

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:37 pm 
Thor

The first time I watched this movie in the movie theater was in France when I was 10 years old in the 1970's. It was really magical! Nowadays, I love to see this movie in blu ray. I think they did a superb job in the video & audio transfer. Excellent acting from Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Ann Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne De Carlo & the others.

Besides the fact that I understand the story as mythology, I think the art department was meticulous in recreating the New Kingdom wardrobe & props as accurately as possible. For example, one can see a recreated chair from King Tutankhamun's treasure. Nice job! Seeing all that gold glitter in the Egyptian neck collars is so impressive. I'm sure the real Seti I & Ramses II would have been proud.

If you take the story as an isolated event without the 10 plagues or the later Joshua bloody rampage in Canaan, I think it has good moral teachings about the birth of freedom of the Hebrew people. My hat off to the bronze age (900 BEC-500BCE) creators of this mythological story.

Of course, if I had been part of the people that supposedly witnessed the parting of the Red Sea, I would have believed in the god(s) that did such godlike feat.

Oh well, I still enjoy watching it!